Re: WM5 program onWM6 device
- From: "Peter Foot" <feedback@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 22:03:29 -0000
Well you need to check both of those two areas - either your app is not signed and your new WM6 device has a tighter security policy, or you are missing some other prerequisite e.g. SQL CE or other component. Normally a WM5 compiled app will run on WM6 with no changes.
Microsoft Device Application Development MVP
www.peterfoot.net | www.inthehand.com
In The Hand Ltd - .NET Solutions for Mobility
"Wanting2Learn" <Wanting2Learn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:2D55858F-C91B-40A4-9509-D068815AE9E7@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
If I compile a program using WM5 sdk and then drop it onto a WM6 device it
gives me a "The blah blah file cannot be opened . Either it is not signed
with a trusted certificate or one of its components cannot be found etc
It this typical behaviour because I seem to remember a PPC2003 program
running on a WM5 device.
Thanks for any thoughts or advice.
- Prev by Date: Re: full screen
- Next by Date: Re: List View Control Header Colour
- Previous by thread: Can't get ON_UPDATE_UI to fire for toolbar button
- Next by thread: Re: Write SMS in Inbox