Re: full screen

"Lisa Pearlson" <no@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks Scott, so there's no API to 'claim full screen until aplication
exits' ?

Not that I've ever seen or heard of. Such an API would strike me as a
security risk since one of the things that can steal focus is the "enter
password" dialog to unlock a device, but that's just me.

How do video games do this?

I've never seen a game that does that. Some will grab all keys, but
I've never run across a game that was such a bad citizen as to not
allow other apps to grab focus when they wanted it. I'd imagine a game
designed for a phone that didn't allow phone calls wouldn't be too
popular.

How about DirectX (DirectDraw) APIs?
And only way to catching send/end keys is GxOpenInput?

Windows Mobile doesn't support DirectInput, so the only way is to use
GxOpenInpu().

--
--------- Scott Seligman <scott at <firstname> and michelle dot net> ---------
Bodily exercise, when compulsory, does no harm to the body; but

  • Re: Dynamic graphics
    ... "But none of this is anything to do with the Windows API!" ... bulky the usual roguelike interfaces are, ... tiles and static objects that I'll focus on. ... tried my luck at a complete game. ...
    (rec.games.roguelike.development)
  • Re: starting and ending location in memory?
    ... think reading the memory will be fun or easy if not just impossible. ... It's a basic game when it comes to chatting and all that. ... How the heck do I "hook" onto an API on the fly ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: avoiding glTranslatef*
    ... The professional legacy of OpenGL has been commandeered by the ... Tsk tsk. ... Try running the game through d3d10 ... proxy driver and capture the API calls for one frame. ...
    (comp.graphics.api.opengl)
  • Re: starting and ending location in memory?
    ... Chad Cartwright wrote: ... > hooking the program's API. ... It's a basic game when it comes to chatting and all that. ... hook monitored APIs ...
    (comp.programming)