Re: Data Entry choices (IPAQ)
- From: Philippe <pboud_01NOSPAMAT@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 08:45:01 -0600
On Thu, 07 Jun 2007 11:29:31 -0600, PhilippeThks for input.. Like I said; we're leaning that way right now
We've got a bit of a choice to make, so I'd love to get some input on which direction you guys chose in similar situations.
We've got data entry fields (comment) which get overshadowed by the pop-up keyboard.. We've got two basic options we're considering:
- Automatically resize the fields when the keyboard is invoked.. This *should* be relatively simple, but for larger entry edits, this can be cumbersome.
- Create a pop-up data entry area.. This is the current favourite, as it allows for simple entry, larger edit areas, and no fuss..
I believe the "official" method is to resize and rearrange the dialog
box whenever the SIP appears or disappears, but we don't bother. We
try to make all important controls visible whether the SIP is visible
or not. We include a "keyboard" for numeric fields (small enough to
fit on the screen). We provide a button to pop up our own input dialog
for more general input. And we provide list boxes with canned entries
as much as possible.
To reply to me, remove the underscores (_) from my email address (and please indicate which newsgroup and message).
Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
20 Park Plaza, Suite 478
Boston, MA 02116
- Prev by Date: Re: File transfer with HPC using Visual Basic in VS2005?
- Next by Date: Re: Memory Limits?
- Previous by thread: Re: Data Entry choices (IPAQ)
- Next by thread: CameraCaptureDialog.ShowDialog() makes strange picture