Re: PPC C++ Book or tutorial.

For Mr. Cardoso:

Boling's book probably provides more than half of what you need. If you're targeting Windows Mobile 5 or 6 then you'll have to stick with Visual Studio 2005, but Boling's book still probably provides more than half of what you need.

For Mr. Tacke:

C++ is C++

The standard is the standard, but implementation extensions are implementation specific.

there's nothing I'm aware of that's CE-specific
Anything on C++ development for Windows will work.

I can't believe that you wrote those statements...

"<ctacke/>" <ctacke[at]opennetcf[dot]com> wrote in message news:ePupUh3hHHA.4732@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
C++ is C++, there's nothing I'm aware of that's CE-specific, but you don't need it. Anything on C++ development for Windows will work. Personally I'd steer clear of MFC. You've not learned it yet, so there's no point in polluting your knowledge base.

Stick with VS05.

--

----------------
Chris Tacke, Embedded MVP

"Alberto Cardoso" <AlbertoCardoso@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:00319A30-A49A-44CB-845D-ADAF56066265@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi!

Im looking for some c++ ppc books any nice tutorial.
I have experience creating C# .NetCF apps but in this project I need to go
native!

Another question.
Shoud I stick with VS2005 or shoud I try eMbedded Visual C++ ?

thanks!
--
Alberto Cardoso