Re: Urgent please: error C2440!

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 18:56:49 GMT, "crino"
<cseverini@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Hi, this is my c++ code:
>
>LPCWSTR *g_Phone[];
>
>EXTERN_C void MyFunction(LPCWSTR aPhone[], int aLength, bool aDelete)
>{
> g_Phone = &aPhone;
What is the declaration for g_Phone?

> [...cut code...]
>}
>
>this is the compile error:
>Compiling...
>mylibrary.cpp
>k:\pocketpc\mylibrary\mylibrary.cpp(994) : error C2440: '=' : cannot convert
>from 'const unsigned short ** []' to 'const unsigned short **[] '

This error concerns a specific line in your code, but I can't tell
which line. I _think_ it is a line you did not include. In particular,
my guess it's a line that references/calls your function.

> There are no conversions to array types, although there are
>conversions to references or pointers to arrays
>

>Any clue??
>Thanx in advance ;))

Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
PenFact, Inc.
500 Harrison Ave., Suite 3R
Boston, MA 02118
www.penfact.com

  • Re: [SLE] Error installing IPTables::IPv4 - SOLVED
    ... > following compile error: ... > Many countries have at least one CPAN site already. ... > this definition or declaration, which is probably not what you want ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: compile error with externall in function
    ... > If I make the following function I Get an compile error. ... The error message also seems to indicate that your function declaration ... that symbol as the beginning of a field declaration, ...
    (alt.comp.lang.borland-delphi)
  • Conflicting Modifiers for Partial Class?
    ... I have a partial class split across two files. ... declaration found in the first file, I state that it's a sealed class. ... If a modifier is found in only one ... we'd see a compile error if I ...
  • Re: Saving attachments from multiple emails
    ... just add this to the declaration section: ... Dim FOLDER_TO_SAVE As String ... Unfortunately I get a compile error on the line ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba)
  • Re: VBA - variable declaration
    ... Findwith the variable name in the VBE, which has an option to look in ... If you require variable declaration by ... generate a compile error, if not, you're free to delete the declaration. ... I have a few macros that are being edited. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)