Re: 401 error calling a webservice from PPC with C#

Alex,

Thanks for the reply. Setting the authentication to Basic solved the
issue. I was under the impression that the NTLM issues with Pocket PC
had been corrected in Windows Mobile 2003 is that not correct?

Once again I appreciate the assist.

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 15:47:19 -0700, "Alex Feinman [MVP]"
<public_news@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>You must have forgotten to enable anonymous authentticationon your vdir, or
>else there are files with explicitly set permissions that prevent the
>IUSR_XXX (or IIS_WPG) account from accessing it. The Windows app
>impersonates you using your windows credentials and thus works. Try opening
>this web service url from IE, preferrably from a different machine and see
>if you are prompted for login/password

  • Re: NTLM authentication failure
    ... Windows NT 4.0 workstations. ... The NTLM protocol was the default for network authentication in Windows NT ...
  • Re: Change in ASP.Net authentication between Win2000 and Win2003
    ... > is turning on/off Kerberos is occuring. ... It control how IE deals with "Authentication: ... when you put IIS6 in a domain and have "Integrated Windows Authentication" ...
  • Re: Change in ASP.Net authentication between Win2000 and Win2003
    ... > is turning on/off Kerberos is occuring. ... It control how IE deals with "Authentication: ... when you put IIS6 in a domain and have "Integrated Windows Authentication" ...
  • Re: Need help configuring Wireless Connection profile
    ... and I can only use the intel OR windows utility, not both at the same time. ... Windows authentication for all users,4129,LRG\ryanv,4149,Wireless WPA2 ... SMALL BUSINESS SERVER: ... STEP #1 Install Certificate Services ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • RE: Beginners Questions
    ... We do use Windows form on the presentation layer which is on ... terminal server and call web services on the business logic side. ... of using "proxy" authentication on SQL Server. ... > I have written an app with a Windows Forms UI that is deployed to clients ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.distributed_apps)