Re: 401 error calling a webservice from PPC with C#

Alex,

Thanks for the reply. Setting the authentication to Basic solved the
issue. I was under the impression that the NTLM issues with Pocket PC
had been corrected in Windows Mobile 2003 is that not correct?

Once again I appreciate the assist.

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 15:47:19 -0700, "Alex Feinman [MVP]"
<public_news@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>You must have forgotten to enable anonymous authentticationon your vdir, or
>else there are files with explicitly set permissions that prevent the
>IUSR_XXX (or IIS_WPG) account from accessing it. The Windows app
>impersonates you using your windows credentials and thus works. Try opening
>this web service url from IE, preferrably from a different machine and see
>if you are prompted for login/password

  • Re: NTLM authentication failure
    ... Windows NT 4.0 workstations. ... The NTLM protocol was the default for network authentication in Windows NT ...
  • Re: Change in ASP.Net authentication between Win2000 and Win2003
    ... > is turning on/off Kerberos is occuring. ... It control how IE deals with "Authentication: ... when you put IIS6 in a domain and have "Integrated Windows Authentication" ...
  • Re: Change in ASP.Net authentication between Win2000 and Win2003
    ... > is turning on/off Kerberos is occuring. ... It control how IE deals with "Authentication: ... when you put IIS6 in a domain and have "Integrated Windows Authentication" ...
  • Re: Need help configuring Wireless Connection profile
    ... and I can only use the intel OR windows utility, not both at the same time. ... Windows authentication for all users,4129,LRG\ryanv,4149,Wireless WPA2 ... SMALL BUSINESS SERVER: ... STEP #1 Install Certificate Services ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: form authentication and webservices
    ... Co-author of "The .NET Developer's Guide to Directory Services Programming" ... We will be using Windows Authentication on the Web Services side (same ... Dominick Baier ...