Re: Crashes in Debug (random) but not release

It's sounds like memory corruption of some kind. I've tracked things like
this before and seen some really strange things that would fix it like:
Swapping the order of global variables.
Reducing the overall memory footprint of the application (loading too much
data or more than is absolutely necessary)
Increasing the overall memory footprint of the application =)

I'd only try those above after you've triple checked the following:
Writing beyond array boundaries
Using uninitialized pointers
Failing to clean up resources

  • Re: Code density and performance?
    ... >> quite a bit of research on better locality and packing as ... small and too large for that sort of program. ... similarly for banal programs like 'xterm', which has a memory ... 512B the memory footprint of both 'xterm' and 'ls' above would ...
    (comp.arch)
  • Re: How to reduce memory usage?
    ... If you want a small app revert to assembler;) ... A programs memory footprint is not static. ... footprint of a reasonably well written Delphi gui application is, IMO, ...
    (alt.comp.lang.borland-delphi)
  • Re: Which uses less memory?
    ... I'm working on an application that is very memory intensive, ... trying to reduce the memory footprint of classes wherever possible. ... use Hessian and pyactivemq to handle the Java/Python interfaces. ... Do these protocols (Hessian and Stomp) preserve the class ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: LISP web hosting
    ... | Do you think clisp would have a smaller memory footprint than cmulisp. ... bulk of the app were compiled). ... Besides, as I said, the real memory ... between GCs using the default 12 MB delta threshold. ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: Object creation overhead
    ... and manually populate 6 of the String variables ... > the private variables, in total about 29 methods for this class. ... * Reduce the number of objects in memory at the same ... and I am trying to get a similar memory footprint ...
    (comp.lang.java)