Interprocess communication using message queue

Hello,

I am developing an application using EVC++ and I am using message queue
for interprocess communication. I am able to read the data that I write into
the queue using ReadMsgQueue in the same process but when I try to read data
that is there in the queue in another process it fails. Is there something
that I am missing. The error I get is 1460, Error_TIMEOUT.

I have createMsgQueue twice in each process, to get the read handle and
the write handle respectively. Do I have to use any other API's like
OpenMsgQueue too.

Thanks in advance
Khris

  • Re: ipc/msg.c "cleanup" breaks fakeroot on Alpha
    ... avoid taking a lock on a message queue that just got freed? ... queue after a grace period. ... "volatile" shouln't be necessary. ... or the target thread was destroyed before wake_up_process completed. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • netstat issue on Tru64. Kernel bug?
    ... I have noticed that many people were faced to the "netstat hangs" ... If a process writes in a message queue in such way that it overflows ... bash$ overflowQ ...
    (comp.unix.tru64)
  • Re: Event handling mechanism in Windows
    ... The IRP that originated the request `points back` to the requestor thread. ... and the APC adds a message to the message queue of the foreground thread ...
  • Re: Need explaination of BeginInvoke timing
    ... it just queues the delegate invocation on the regular message queue for the control's owning thread. ... Actually, while you don't post enough code to be certain, it appears that the event handlers are just handlers for the regular Control events Enter, MouseUp, and MouseDown. ... The code is setting the flag, queuing a delegate that resets the flag which will be executed after all of the messages that are already in the queue, and then the remaining events are processed, including the MouseDown event and the delegate invocation that was queued via BeginInvoke. ...
  • Re: Dumb RTOS Question
    ... shows up in the queue. ... I thought a message queue would work or have ... then suspend for a safe amount of time before looping back to check them ... I just have not figured out this kooky RTOS stuff. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)