Re: Reverse Sync

Hi Keith,

Sorry don't have good news yet but have been corresponding with the folks at
Phatware to see if they have any inputs.

Temporary solution - Take a look at PIM Backup -
http://www.freewareppc.com/database/pimbackup.shtml It does a neat job of
backing up PIM data. In your case you can use it to backup the e-mails.
Once done, you can proceed to recreate the partnership which will clear the
e-mails from the device. If you require to view your backup archive, you
can always restore it. The only problem here is that you won't be able to
sync back to Outlook. Even using this in combo with Intellisync Export option doesn't work.

Tip: Before you perform a backup, if you have a sub folder on the device,
move all the mails that you wish to save in there. If you don't have one,
don't bother, you will not be able to create one on the device. It comes
from the PC folder structure. Then avoid using the folder with the same
name for your new sync. This way when you restore, it will all be restored
to that particular folder only so it would be easier for you to keep track
of the archived information on the device rather then getting it mixed with
the synchronized set of mails.

--
Regards,
Raj Pillai

"Keith" <Keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Thanks for the update and do keep me posted if you find a solution.

I did sbmit a ticket to Intellisync got a reponse and answered thier
questions, howver no reponse since then.

I suspect they have found what you and I have found it doesn't work with
WM5. Are you trying to recvoer to outlook 2007 or 2003, as I am using
2007.

"Raj Pillai" wrote:

Hi,

I have been trying different workarounds but have not been successful so
far. The design change in WM5.0 and higher version of removing content
from
the device doesn't allow Intellisync to recover the data as explained in
the
article. I tried to see if Pocket dbExplorer -
http://www.phatware.com/hpcdbex.html would help to recover it but have
not
been successful in my attempts. Will keep you posted.

--

.