Re: unable to access share on host machine via ActiveSync

Instead of plain USB ActiveSync, create either a BT PAN or a Wi-Fi p2p
network between your PDA and PC to access your shares - they will work 100%.
Let me know if you need linsk to tutorials that explain how this can be

"Kevin" <kdriedger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I would have thought this would be easy but...

Until a few days ago, my pocketPC2003 was able to access a share on my
host machine. Unfortunately, the machine needed to be cold-booted and
it is no longer able to see any machines on my network.

I have tried to change every setting I can think of, both on the host
and the device but to no avail. I have tried uninstalling AS 4.1
several times (and even tried v3.8--no luck) and still it tells me "The
network path was not found". My firewall is turned off.

I am in the late stages of a development that depends on network
connectivity, and I am beginning to panic. Please, if anyone has any
ideas of what might cause this problem, I would be forever in your

details: connections both set to "My Work Network", with "This network
connects to the internet", host Active Sync This Computer Connected to:
"Work Network".

Relevant Pages

  • Fwd: CERT Advisory CA-2003-08 Increased Activity Targeting Windows Shares
    ... poorly protected file shares. ... Intruders have been able to leverage poorly ... The network scanning associated with this activity is widespread but ... W32/Deloder attempts to compromise the Administrator ...
  • Re: 2 pc network - cant see host files from pc 2 on pc 1
    ... If the second card is lost on HOST PC then DSL Internet does not connect. ... Ditch the second network card in the one ...
  • Re: Emailing web form information to me
    ... Which version of Publisher are you using? ... both FTP uploading and FPSE uploading. ... use of FPSE and using the form program provided by your host? ... Instead you need to map a network ...
  • 2wire router configuration
    ... firewall on this router and to configure my network ... Go to Home Network -> Advanced Settings ... X Default DHCP Pool ... Configure host to use DHCP with host name sent ...
  • Re: Do I Have A Firewalled LAN Run By ISP In Between?
    ... from that host while at host ... running a layer within a layer, with a complex network address translation ... application called "Internet Connection Sharing". ... what those packets are for, ...