Re: unable to access share on host machine via ActiveSync
- From: "Werner Ruotsalainen [MS MVP - Mobile Devices]" <here@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 15:44:31 +0100
Instead of plain USB ActiveSync, create either a BT PAN or a Wi-Fi p2p
network between your PDA and PC to access your shares - they will work 100%.
Let me know if you need linsk to tutorials that explain how this can be
"Kevin" <kdriedger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I would have thought this would be easy but...
Until a few days ago, my pocketPC2003 was able to access a share on my
host machine. Unfortunately, the machine needed to be cold-booted and
it is no longer able to see any machines on my network.
I have tried to change every setting I can think of, both on the host
and the device but to no avail. I have tried uninstalling AS 4.1
several times (and even tried v3.8--no luck) and still it tells me "The
network path was not found". My firewall is turned off.
I am in the late stages of a development that depends on network
connectivity, and I am beginning to panic. Please, if anyone has any
ideas of what might cause this problem, I would be forever in your
details: connections both set to "My Work Network", with "This network
connects to the internet", host Active Sync This Computer Connected to:
- Prev by Date: Wcescomm.exe error in Event Log (0xc0000005)
- Next by Date: Re: PocketPC/activesync versions question
- Previous by thread: unable to access share on host machine via ActiveSync
- Next by thread: Re: unable to access share on host machine via ActiveSync