Re: How to recover partnership?

Hi,
There is no recovery for a partnership. I suggest that you delete the
partnership on the desktop using File - Delete Partnership. Do you have any
other devices you are synchronizing with this PC? If you do then it could
be a naming conflict because ActiveSync 3.x only allows one device with a
specific name to connect to a PC even if you are using different profiles.

--
Chris De Herrera
http://www.pocketpcfaq.com

"William Humphrey" <wmahumphrey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> My work PC was just replaced - moved from laptop w/ Win 2k to one w/ Wino
> XP Pro. All of my Outlook files were migrated for me, but none of my
> applications. I just downloaded and installed ActiveSync 3.8.
>
> When I insert my PDA, it starts the wizard to create a new partnership.
> When I get to the partnership name, it gives an error that the name is
> already in use. Nothing at all was done to the PDA (Toshiba e355) in the
> meantime. How do I recover/recreate my partnership? The on-line help for
> ActiveSync is, to be blunt, of extremely limited value.
>
> Thanks in advance...
> Bill H

  • Re: Activesync problems with HP4155
    ... I suspect that some of the partnership files are there ... I installed the latest version of> ActiveSync. ... It installed just fine, I inserted the PDA into the cradle,> established a partnership, and selected the sync with two computers option. ... But I still can't establish any sort of a> connection/relationship with my home computer. ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync)
  • Re: Creating a partnership
    ... Try launching ActiveSync on the Pocket PC and selecting the option to delete the partnership. ... "OEM Computer", and I can't figure out how to get rid of that, so whenever I ... > My PDA battery died. ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync)
  • Activesync problems with HP4155
    ... I have a problem with a new HP4155 and Activesync. ... I went to do the same on my home computer. ... It installed just fine, I inserted the PDA into the cradle, ... established a partnership, and selected the sync with two computers option. ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync)
  • Re: File not synchronised
    ... Delete and recreate the partnership and see if it helps solve your problem. ... In Activesync -> File -> Delete Partnership. ... it reports back that a file is not synchronising in my ... > are there any files of teh name reported on the PC or PDA? ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc)
  • ActiveSync Partenrships
    ... I amnot very familiar with ActiveSync or its terminology, ... device (is this a partnership?). ... I then had to reset the PDA, ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync)