How to recover partnership?

My work PC was just replaced - moved from laptop w/ Win 2k to one w/ Wino XP
Pro. All of my Outlook files were migrated for me, but none of my
applications. I just downloaded and installed ActiveSync 3.8.

When I insert my PDA, it starts the wizard to create a new partnership.
When I get to the partnership name, it gives an error that the name is
already in use. Nothing at all was done to the PDA (Toshiba e355) in the
meantime. How do I recover/recreate my partnership? The on-line help for
ActiveSync is, to be blunt, of extremely limited value.

Thanks in advance...
Bill H

  • Re: How to recover partnership?
    ... > XP Pro. ... I just downloaded and installed ActiveSync 3.8. ... > When I insert my PDA, it starts the wizard to create a new partnership. ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync)
  • Re: Activesync problems with HP4155
    ... I suspect that some of the partnership files are there ... I installed the latest version of> ActiveSync. ... It installed just fine, I inserted the PDA into the cradle,> established a partnership, and selected the sync with two computers option. ... But I still can't establish any sort of a> connection/relationship with my home computer. ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync)
  • Re: Sync 2 PDAs with one computer
    ... I did try it in the factory default state, the option was there to start the ... wonder if you can only sync your notes from one PDA and not two PDAs with one ... I've tried deleting and recreating the partnership, ... can't tick the box so it will synchronize. ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync)
  • Re: sync problem with duplicates
    ... Setting up a new partnership will not erase any data on Outlook. ... If you want the data on the PDA, ... If you are gonna sync with only the new laptop, ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync)
  • Re: activesync on multiple devices?
    ... see my PDA during AS installation? ... the PDA had relationships with my work and home PCs. ... > files but not sync. ... > Create new partnership with laptop replacing the fresh sync pc's ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync)