Re: Active Sync and exchange 2003
- From: "privatenews.microsoft.com" <News@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 21:42:55 +1000
This device used to sync with exchange 2003 adn for some reason stopped.
There are many posts on this site but there doesn't seem to be any resolves
Is there a bug with Exchange or WINXP SP2.
The only way now I can get my contacts and calendar on the pocket PC is to
use personal folders. This seems defeat the purpose of exchange,
Is there something else I should be looking at to resolve this.
"Mauricio Freitas [MVP]" <dr.emailposter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> "privatenews.microsoft.com" <News@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>I have read most of the entries regarding syncing pocket pc with exchange
>>and I have been having trouble for months tying to get it to sync. A
>>workaround is to not use exchange to hold calendar or contacts but keep
>>them in personal folders and sync them instead. But that is not how
>>exchange was meant to run.
>> Could this problem be because of the exchange certificate. If so how can
>> I renew the server certificate and update exchange with this certificate
>> and then where and how to put the certificate on the pocket PC.
>> Just a thought, Hope there is a guru out there?
> ActiveSync will only synchronise personal folders, not public ones.
> Mauricio Freitas, Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices
> Bluetooth guides: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=449
> Software for Pocket PC and Smartphone: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/store
- Prev by Date: Activesync : Synchronization error
- Next by Date: Re: Problem with disconnects in Adaptive Server Anywhere 801 and 803 in PocketPowerbuilder 1.5.1 application with ActiveSync
- Previous by thread: Re: Active Sync and exchange 2003
- Next by thread: Re: Active Sync and exchange 2003