Re: USB & Activesync problem

From: Indu (indu_at_att.net)
Date: 08/21/04

Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 14:53:21 -0500

  Hi Raj,
  Thanks. I un-installed and re-installed Activesync. Also, since my other
USB devices are working fine on both the ports, I assume the USB ports on my
desktop are ok so, I connected the Ppcket PC to the Desktop using another
wire (not through the cradle) --- First a bubble on the Status bar said -
'New Hardware Found'. Then I connected the Pocket PC to the wire and it said
'Windows CE USB device found'. After that I created a new partnership and as
soon as it tried to connect, I got the same error message that I had recd.
before. Now when I check the Device Manager, it shows the Windows CE USB
device is connected. I'm totally stumped. What do I do now......??????

  Indu.

  "Raj Pillai" <YouMeAndTheMail@Softhome.net> wrote in message

> "Indu" <indu@att.net> wrote in message
> >
> > Thanks for the reply.
> > I do have SP2 for XP and my Device manager does not show any
> > un-identified
> > objects.
> > Under the USB devices I just have Root Hub & USB Host Controller - no
> > "Windows CE USB Devices".
> >
> > Where do I go from here?......
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> > Indu.
> >

> Hi Indu,
>
> Note that you will see the "Windows CE USB Devices" entry only if the
PPC
> was connected. If you were not able to see it while the PPC was
connected,
> then try disconnecting the cradle and then connect it again. If that
> doesn't work, try connecting the cradle on another USB port.
>
> Also note that if you are running the Windows Firewall application, then
you
> will need to add the following applications to its exception list:
>
> - ActiveSync application
> - Connection Manager
>
> The firewall can be accessed by doing the following:
>
> 1. Click Start -> Run and enter
>
> firewall.cpl
>
> 2. Click Ok.
>
> Or else
>
> Cick Start -> Control Panel -> Network and Internet Connections ->
Windows
> Firewall.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Raj

Relevant Pages

  • Re: autoplay problem w/ fuji card reader
    ... remove the device and the port, even all USB ports and hubs. ... Unplug any USB devices. ... How do I get an answer to a |> possible fix? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: usbport.sys using all CPU capacity
    ... When I boot up my USB ports don't funciton. ... shows USBPORT.SYS as the thread/process that is using all the CPU ... Do you actually have USB devices attached at boot time? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Epson R200 slow to start printing?
    ... >>>Do you have any other USB devices and do they work well? ... >on the hub or direct connected to the PC USB ports? ... of the USB ports on the computer, and the 2 text and 2 draft prints I ... Connecting directly to the computer does solve the problem. ...
    (comp.periphs.printers)
  • RE: all usb ports not communicating
    ... Is there any USB ports that work? ... I assume you tried all of the ports and multiple USB devices. ... in device manager and reboot the computer. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Epson R200 slow to start printing?
    ... >>>I have quite a few USB devices. ... >>on the hub or direct connected to the PC USB ports? ... >of the USB ports on the computer, and the 2 text and 2 draft prints I ... >Connecting directly to the computer does solve the problem. ...
    (comp.periphs.printers)