RE: Setup AKO email on Outllok 2007

You do not have to be signed in to AKO to use this link/info:

****from AKO****
Follow the directions below to configure your AKO/DKO webmail to Outlook
2007 on your local machine.

1. Open Outlook 2007, open the ‘Tools’ menu, and select the ‘Account
Settings…’ option.
2. In the window that open, select the ‘New’ button.
3. In the next box that appears, select ‘Manually configure server
settings or additional server types’ and click on ‘Next’.
4. Now you will choose ‘Internet E-mail’ and click on ‘Next’.
5. Enter you name in the “Your Name” field, this is what will display on
your outgoing emails.
6. Enter in your AKO/DKO email address for the “Email Address” field.
7. Select “IMAP” for the account type.
8. In the field for “Incoming mail server”, enter imap.us.army.mil .
9. In the field for “Outgoing mail server”, enter mailrouter.us.army.mil
.. Note: Some ISP’s prevent “mailrouter” from being set here.
10. Ensure that the box that reads “Require logon using Secure Password
Authentication (SPA)” is unchecked.
11. You can also enter in your AKO/DKO logon information in the fields
“Username” and “Password”.
12. Now we must change the ports, and you account will be ready to go.
Click the ‘More Settings’ button.
13. Click on the ‘Outgoing Server’ tab. Check the box next to “My
outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication” and then select “Use same
settings as my incoming mail server”.
14. Click on the ‘Advanced’ tab. Ensure that you use SSL for the
encryption connection for both the incoming and outgoing servers. Now enter
in 993 for the “Incoming Server (IMAP)” and 465 for the “Outgoing Server
(SMTP)”.
15. Click the ‘OK’ button to save your settings.
16. Click ‘Next’, then ‘Finish’.

Setting up your AKO/DKO webmail with Outlook 2007 will allow you to view and
use your AKO/DKO webmail from your local machine.

"Terrible T7" wrote:

Setting up Outllok 2007 to send & receive AKO email (Army email) does not
work when using the Outlook 2003 configuration nor does the army have any
instructions posted.

Any help?

  • Re: Cant Send e-mails - Outlook 2003
    ... Rich, the answer to #1 is yes, at home Outlook sends messages just fine. ... I asked them about other port numbers, and they say they do not have any ... Your original settings might have been okay, but Verizon may have had server ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.installation)
  • Re: Sky SMTP settings changed
    ... SMTP server yesterday and rang Sky's tech support line. ... I need to update the settings. ... "I understand I need to change my SMTP settings in Outlook, ... But ignore the settings for the incoming mail, ...
    (uk.telecom.broadband)
  • Re: How do I receive an access database?
    ... I have only used recent versions of Outlook in conjunction with Exchange ... Server, and should have been clear on that point. ... There is no control over those files (no settings within ...
  • Re: Cant Reconnect to POP or SMTP w. OL 2003
    ... > WinXP SP2, ... > Outlook 2003 SP1, ... > to the server was interrupted. ... using the same settings. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.installation)
  • Re: Sky SMTP settings changed
    ... SMTP server yesterday and rang Sky's tech support line. ... I need to update the settings. ... None of the authentication methods supported by this client are ... "I understand I need to change my SMTP settings in Outlook, ...
    (uk.telecom.broadband)