RE: Setup AKO email on Outllok 2007
- From: SFC Rick Lewis, USA (RET) <SFC Rick Lewis, USA (RET)@discussions.microsoft.com>
- Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 16:22:00 -0700
You do not have to be signed in to AKO to use this link/info:
Follow the directions below to configure your AKO/DKO webmail to Outlook
2007 on your local machine.
1. Open Outlook 2007, open the ‘Tools’ menu, and select the ‘Account
2. In the window that open, select the ‘New’ button.
3. In the next box that appears, select ‘Manually configure server
settings or additional server types’ and click on ‘Next’.
4. Now you will choose ‘Internet E-mail’ and click on ‘Next’.
5. Enter you name in the “Your Name” field, this is what will display on
your outgoing emails.
6. Enter in your AKO/DKO email address for the “Email Address” field.
7. Select “IMAP” for the account type.
8. In the field for “Incoming mail server”, enter imap.us.army.mil .
9. In the field for “Outgoing mail server”, enter mailrouter.us.army.mil
.. Note: Some ISP’s prevent “mailrouter” from being set here.
10. Ensure that the box that reads “Require logon using Secure Password
Authentication (SPA)” is unchecked.
11. You can also enter in your AKO/DKO logon information in the fields
“Username” and “Password”.
12. Now we must change the ports, and you account will be ready to go.
Click the ‘More Settings’ button.
13. Click on the ‘Outgoing Server’ tab. Check the box next to “My
outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication” and then select “Use same
settings as my incoming mail server”.
14. Click on the ‘Advanced’ tab. Ensure that you use SSL for the
encryption connection for both the incoming and outgoing servers. Now enter
in 993 for the “Incoming Server (IMAP)” and 465 for the “Outgoing Server
15. Click the ‘OK’ button to save your settings.
16. Click ‘Next’, then ‘Finish’.
Setting up your AKO/DKO webmail with Outlook 2007 will allow you to view and
use your AKO/DKO webmail from your local machine.
"Terrible T7" wrote:
Setting up Outllok 2007 to send & receive AKO email (Army email) does not.
work when using the Outlook 2003 configuration nor does the army have any