Re: UUEncoded Attachments - Can't see in Outlook 2003

outlook should decode them for you automatically - but something is apparently preventing outlook from doing so. Which OS do you use and do you have all the latest updates installed for both the OS and Outlook? Did it recently start doing this?

I don't think http://support.microsoft.com/kb/951982 applies but it might be worth installing it anyway. However, it will not help attachments already downloaded.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:
dailytips-subscribe-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows Version when requesting assistance **

"seven_percent" <Daniel.Gullo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:67f6a34a-ac34-47e3-8463-8600ea30fd63@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I receive file attachments that are UUEncoded in Outlook 2003.
However, they are not decoded by Outlook; i.e. the body of the message
is the typical:

Begin 600 filename.ext
Mfoofoofoofoofoofoofoo
Mbarbarbarbar
Mtictictictictictictic
Mtactactactactactactac
etc.

My search for this has turned up a plethora of articles on how to send
attachments using UUEncoding. However, with receiving these, not so
much.

Can anyone help?

  • Re: Combine & Decode Problems ... IE7, Outlook Express 6 ...
    ... "Jim Hughes" wrote in message ... After I have finished with the decoding of newsgroup files I do the following: ... When I start to 'combine' a selected portion to 'combine & decode' the process never lets me select File and then Save. ... I have Windows XP2, latest patch level, IE7 as of 1 week and Outlook Express 6. ...
  • Re: Generating Task Items for Incoming ICalendar Messages in a Sink
    ... When your sending the message from Outlook its going to be in TNEF ... format to decode this you would need to look at using Extended MAPI ... > Sub IEventIsCacheable_IsCacheable ... > set envFlds= Msg.EnvelopeFields ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange2000.development)
  • Re: Newsgroup ... Combine & Decode ...
    ... Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM ... does Combine & Decode the same files that OE ... Create a 'temp' folder in OE "Local Folders" ... Outlook Express started searching for ' ...
  • Re: Newsgroup ... Combine & Decode ...
    ... does Combine & Decode the same files that OE could not on the machine with IE7 ... Create a 'temp' folder in OE "Local Folders" ... This is a follow-up to my earlier posts relating to the fact that I can not 'combine & decode' binaries in Outlook Express since I have updated to IE7. ... copied all files to a temp folder in my Local Folders area. ...
  • Newsgroup ... Combine & Decode ...
    ... 'combine & decode' binaries in Outlook Express since I have updated to IE7. ... The file had 98 rar files ... Success: machine with Outlook Express and IE6 ...