Re: Stationery GPO Control - Outlook 2003/2007

I researched this for my "Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003" book. There are several steps you need to take:

1) Create a NewStationery value in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Common\MailSettings key and leave it blank to prevent users from choosing any default stationery. You can create a new .adm file if you want to add that setting to the group policy editor.

2) Use the group policy editor to disable certain toolbar commands in both Outlook and Word:

Outlook

Actions | New Message Using More Stationery 5611

Word

Format Background 30403
Format Theme 3623
Format | Background Standard Colors 3224
Format | Background More Colors 2857
Format | Background Fill Effects 2858
Format | Background Printed Watermark 4003
View HTML Source 3902

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

"-_-" <notvalid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:e5jUg0AnHHA.4960@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am starting here only so please feel free to direct me to better
newsgroups.

I would like to use a Group Policy to constrain users to a simple (read
no stationery besides basic edit pane) and clean look. Googling shows a
*few* options in the policy controls and one result suggested denying
permissions to each user to their [own] folder. Lastly, even running a
script to delete all of the stationery that does exist on our corporate LAN.

Is there a more elegant method? One that would more embrace the methods
and means offered by Group Policy in the first place.

But I will consider and thank all responses.

-_-

  • Re: Outlook Custom Field
    ... Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 ... Need to transfer a PDF file into CSV format ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba)
  • Re: Outlook 2000 and ACT! Address Book
    ... plain text format to avoid the Winmail.dat attachment. ... > send to this receipient in Microsoft Outlook rich-text ... >>> gets to recepientwith the actual attachement. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.thirdpartyutil)
  • Re: Creating a validation formula
    ... Did you set a formula for the Subject field so that it uses the value in SubjectDate? ... Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 ... > Thank you for that tip, this validation formula works now. ... Since I can't change the format of Subject from ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms)
  • Re: Prevent users from using stationary
    ... As always with registry changes, you would need to create any necessary parent keys that are not already present. ... Using group policy, as I suggested is the best approach. ... Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 ... Format Background 30403 ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.installation)
  • Re: howto check if there already are an appointment on day/time
    ... Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 ... and 31.12.2006) (i'm a norwegian so the date format differ from usa format, ... I can't understand why it does not returns anything but the appointments ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba)