Re: Can't see Photo attachments in Outlook 2003

Hello Diane

Could I ask a question related to the sending of photo attachments in
Outlook 2003.

My aunty checks her emails from the Pacific Islands and can't open jpeg
files (family photos) I send to her as attachments. I use my Yahoo email
account to send the emails. She says when she clicks to open the attachments
(photos), text files appear. It's like opening a word document with all the
text/maths symbols. She uses Outlook 2003 as her email program.

I've searched the web for answers but haven't found an answer specific to
this query.

Could you offer some advice please?

Thanks,
Febs (Brisbane, Australia)

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

if they were added to plain text emails, oe is displaying them inline - that
is a feature outlook lacks.
http://www.slipstick.com/mail1/inline.htm

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"RockClimber" <RockClimber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I receive e-mails in HTML format with photos in-line; i.e., intermixed with
text. In Outlook Express the photos show up correctly but in Outlook they
are listed as attachments and I have to click on each one individually to
view it. It's not 100% of the time -- seems that this behavior depends on
the number of photos attached.

Is there an option that controls this?

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

hooklinesinka <hooklinesinka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi. As a new XP Pro user, I am unable to view photos in the text box,
whether I'm sending or receiving them. This results in my having to
open each photo separately to view them. Could someone kindly tell me
how to change the view in Microsoft Office Outlook to enable me to
view photos when I open, or compose an email with digital photo
attachments.

Attachments in Outlook are never displayed unless you open them.
Embedded
images, however, will appear in the body of the message, but that's a
process only the sender can do. In other words, there is no option in
Outlook to make it behave like Outlook Express and show attachments in
line.

To compose a message with images in line, you must use Word, compose in
HTML
and use Insert>Picture to embed the image in the message.
--
Brian Tillman

  • Re: Cannot receive attachments in Windows Mail
    ... I simply closed WM and reopened it and now my images are back. ... I have changed the settings of my home email ... address in my office Outlook to send as HTML and sent a test email. ... 'Attachments are not visible to some recipients who do not use Outlook ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Attaching compressed photos
    ... It must be add-in for Outlook, but I've not hear about such add-in in ... last years (I've see most from Outlook add-ins). ... for software which sends files by email as attachments from context menu ... I don't want to attach my photos as zip files. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.general)
  • Re: attachments displayed as images
    ... Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] ... I wouldn’t have thought so as I can receive the attachments as attachments ... The files are received as images and not attachments on the receiving pc. ... > HTML when composing the email message but I have not checked this as> yet. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.general)
  • Outlook should display attached images if we want it to!!!
    ... Outlook should have the option to display attached images in the Reading Pane ... display image files that arrive as attachments to plain text e-mails. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.general)
  • Re: attachments displayed as images
    ... Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] ... I wouldn’t have thought so as I can receive the attachments as attachments ... The files are received as images and not attachments on the receiving pc. ... When some users receive the email message the attachments are displayed ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.general)