Re: Exchange/Outlook 2003 - group policy & local PST files

So if nothing happens to the existing PST file, and I create a new
default location, does Outlook create a new "Archive Folders" location?

No, the adm setting you cited determines the default folder for any new ..pst files that Outlook creates automatically as a result of the user creating a new profile. It doesn't set the archive location. Read the article I suggested.
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP