Re: Exchange/Outlook 2003 - group policy & local PST files

Sue-

First, thanks for the feedback and links.

In the Office Administrative Templates, there is an entry for the
default PST location:
"User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Microsoft Office Outlook
2003\Miscellaneous\PST Settings\"
There, i was able to define a default location for the PST file - is
that not correct?

I can see that my initial description of the suggested path may not
work with the env variable as written, but I should be able to direct
the PST file to a directory other than the default rather than trying
to force the file name into the location variable.

So if nothing happens to the existing PST file, and I create a new
default location, does Outlook create a new "Archive Folders" location?

Thanks again,
Brian

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook] wrote:
You can't set the archive location with a GPO. It takes a .prf. See http://support.microsoft.com/?id=836755

Storing a PST file on a network share is unsupported, although plenty of people do it. See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297019/

* what will happen to an already created PST file in a location

Nothing at all will happen. It will still be there containing the same data.
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP