Outlook 2002 "The operation Failed" when clicking Send/Receive

I have Outlook 2002, when I click SEND/RECEIVE, I get the error message "The
Operation Failed". No error numbers are listed, that is the exact and
complete message. I have looked on the Microsoft website and nothing there
was helpful. I tried deleting the email account and adding it, I also
uninstalled Outlook and reinstalled it. I can 'Test' my account settings
and it passes, but I never receive the test email. I can compose an email
and click 'Send' and that works fine. It is not an ISP problem as Outlook
Express works fine.

So I can send email, but cannot receive it.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Doug

  • amendment to initial post
    ... The MS outlook error message is that it cannot sync as it is not able to log ... > My AS options settings are always to give priority to mobile over desktop. ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync)
  • Re: Mailto: link causes IE 6 to crash
    ... the error message boxes pops up immediately saying Internet ... What baffles me is that the problem also happens in Firefox and Netscape ... a Web page in Outlook 2002 and in Outlook 2003 ...
  • Re: OE is my default mail handler. At BootUp Outlook insists it sh
    ... Thank you so much for your invaluable assistance. ... "Kuay Tim" wrote: ... MS-MVP - Outlook Express ... The exact error message received twice at every boot up is: ...
  • outlook pst recovery
    ... the error message "An error has occurred which caused the scan to be ... What can I do to restore this profile to normal operation? ... information in the file is being copied to your new default data file. ... If you are able to open this data file within Outlook, ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.general)
  • Re: too quick error message
    ... >Outlook Express Does Not Save the Mail Server Logon Password ... >Your Password Is Not Retained in Windows 2000 or XP ... this error message pops up saying it ...