Re: Multiple IMAP Account Eror : (0x8004DF0B)

From: Arul (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 06/08/04

Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 07:26:03 -0700

I have the same problem too..:-(

     ----- Rob wrote: -----

     "Octavian Ciobanu" <tavi@xdesign.com.ro> wrote in message news:<36b901c40127$bc1b6200$a601280a@phx.gbl>...
> Hello,
>> I have more IMAP e-mail accounts created in Outlook, the
> problem apears when I try to send and receive, randomly
> one of the accouns geve the error "(0x8004DF0B) : Outlook
> is unable to download folder (null) from the IMAP e-mail
> server for account ...." and sets the account ofline.
> I've tested the accounts with Outlook Express and all was
> fine but in Outlook not.
>> Can anyone geve me some hints or tips
>> Thanks

     I can't give you any hints, but I have exactly the same problem with
     Outlook 2003. I'm using four accounts from the same ISP, and as I type
     this two of them work ok, two don't. Earlier today three of them did
     and one didn't, and it was a different one. I'm running Outclass for
     spam filtering, but don't know if that could be affecting it. It
     happens in either training mode or normal mode. Since I typed this I'm
     now having one of them failing, and for a few minutes none did.

     I'll note that this same ISP will give Outlook (any version I've
     tried) with certain spam that contains weird characters or something.
     Similar failure, but with POP3. It is a Unix-based ISP and I don't
     have any problem with it and Mac OS X.

     I know, it's shotgun information, but hopefully there's some
     commonality in the setup and we can start to narrow it down.

     BTW, this is the only hit that Google gave for "0x8004DB0F", and it
     doesn't appear anywhere on MSDN/Microsoft web site either.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Problem with multiple access to one exchange email account
    ... The emails are hosted on the SBS exchange server using SMTP protocal. ... The users' Outlook accounts are connected by selecting exchange server ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Problem with multiple access to one exchange email account
    ... The emails are hosted on the SBS exchange server using SMTP protocal. ... The users' Outlook accounts are connected by selecting exchange server ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: "The specified Account was not found. It might have been deleted."
    ... The reorder and failed send/receive occurred prior to the IE7 installation. ... IE7 prevented Outlook from launching. ... Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] ... Also, with this many accounts, what is the ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)
  • Re: Multiple Vista UAs with One Outlook Calender
    ... Re FUS: The number of little apps generally doesn't matter, its memory that really matters, the number of services may also matter. ... On the calendar - yes, google or live calendar is probably the best solution for sharing. ... I have virtual machine on this computer that has Outlook 2000 and one with outlook 2002 installed - if someone asks a question about the old versions I can boot the virtual machine and refresh my memory. ... I did not respond immediately as I wanted to get the User Accounts sorted out and Outlook working with various mail accounts, I haven't put my real mail accounts in yet, instead I'm using free accounts from Live, GMail, FastMail and my ISP. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)
  • Re: Outlook 2002, POP3, Active Directory authentication
    ... a logical "bug" in Outlook. ... one of the accounts ... It worked perfectly well downloading all my mail! ... Outlook "thinks" this is because credentials are ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.installation)