Re: Editing Default Contact Form

I am eaves dropping on this post, but I went to the link below and it says it
is for Outlook 2000. Will it work for 2003?

So, let me get this straight.... I can change the look of my contacts, so
that when I create a new contact, it will have the fields that I want in the
locations that I want. THEN, in order to change all my existing contacts to
that same format (I have almost 1,000), all I have to do is create that
script that your post points to and it will change all of my existing
contacts to my new format. Is that all correct?

Also, this is ALL exportable to Excel, so I can query my contacts with the
fields that I have chosen/created, correct?

Thanks,
Andy

"Eric Legault [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> To change the message class of existing forms to a new one, try any of the
> suggestions in this article:
>
> How to update existing items in an Outlook folder to use a new custom form:
>
> --
> Eric Legault (Outlook MVP, MCDBA, old school WOSA MCSD, B.A.)
> Try Picture Attachments Wizard for Outlook:
> http://www.collaborativeinnovations.ca
> Blog: http://blogs.officezealot.com/legault/
>

> "Chaplain Doug" wrote:
>
> > Thank you Sanchin. I was able to edit the default contact form, but it
> > removed the picture control. This "feature" has been pointed out elsewhere
> > in this forum. How can I get the picture control back?
> >
> > Also, can you suggest some code to change the class for my existing contacts
> > once I create a custom form? Thanks.
> > --
> > Dr. Doug Pruiett
> > Good News Jail & Prison Ministry
> > www.goodnewsjail.org
> >

> > "Sachin Sancheti" wrote:
> >
> > > 1. We can edit the General tab as well.What exactly you are looking for
> > > in edit. I am sure you are opening the default contact form then
> > > tools->design this form, should give you a desing mode of the defautl
> > > contact form.
> > >
> > > 2.To set the custom form as default form for the new contacts
> > > Right click on the Contacts folder go to properties on the general tab
> > > look for "When posting to this folder, use" click on the drop down next
> > > to it. Select forms and browse to your custom contact forms. Apply.
> > > Now, when you create a new cotact it should open the custom contact
> > > form instead of default one. To use the custom contact form for the
> > > already saved contacts , not a logical solution as you might have
> > > different fields which may not exists on the default contact forms
> > > which were already saved.
> > > Still, you could change the message class of the already saved contacts
> > > to your custom message class using VBA macro. This is something like
> > > hack not a logical solution.
> > >
> > > 3.Same as step 2, instead of contacts folder right click on the public
> > > contact foler.
> > >
> > > Hope this helps...

  • Re: Outlook - VSTO Architecture
    ... Thanks again Jay, ... the message class you just set the MessageClass property to "IPM.Post" + ... > The custom message class is an Outlook thing, it has no direct bearing on ... The message class "defines" what kind of item Outlook ...
    (microsoft.public.vsnet.vstools.office)
  • Re: userproperties do not persist in msg file
    ... Custom properties can also be saved in .msg files and in .oft files. ... user opens a .msg file that has custom properties, ... .oft files are used to back up Outlook custom forms. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms)
  • Re: Outlook 2002 Form Problems
    ... After some testing it appears that Outlook 2002 will handle forms ... that the custom form I ... does it not only remove the active content message, but display the custom ... > item is saved the message class field still shows as IPM.Post.MyForm. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)
  • Re: Outlook 2002 Form Problems
    ... After some testing it appears that Outlook 2002 will handle forms ... that the custom form I ... does it not only remove the active content message, but display the custom ... > item is saved the message class field still shows as IPM.Post.MyForm. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms)
  • Re: userproperties do not persist in msg file
    ... Basicly it indicates that there are circumstances where the custom ... user opens a .msg file that has custom properties, ... .oft files are used to back up Outlook custom forms. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms)