Office 2007 Setup .NET Runtime Error in Wizard.exe

I have Office 2007 Pro Plus up and running smoothly. But when I try to
install Business Contact Manager, the setup fails almost immediately. If I
try to re-run the Office 2007 setup, I get the same error, even though Office
2007 setup was previously working. I have installed a number of changes and
upgrades in the interim, including installing .NET 3.5 SP1 (which also
includes updates to earlier versions of .NET). Suspecting the .NET 3.5
upgrade might be the culprit, I uninstalled and then re-installed it, to no
avail. Setups that only use setup.exe and/or an msi do not cause a problem.
Only setups that use wizard.exe

Here's what happens:

Dialog shows: Microsoft Office Small Business Setup Wizard has encountered
a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Event Log shows .NET Runtime 2.0 Error:
EventType clr20r3, P1 wizard.exe, P2 2.0.7024.0, P3 453e0a98, P4
system.configuration, P5 2.0.0.0, P6 4889de74, P7 1a6, P8 136, P9
ioibmurhynrxkw0zxkyrvfn0boyyufow, P10 NIL.

Debugger shows unhandled kernel exception in wizard.exe.

Would appreciate help fixing this problem.

  • Re: why cups so rarely works "out of the box"
    ... >> Boy, I have to get in on this topic, too, as I have tried to setup my ... The cups print manager accessed at http://localhost:631 is great for all ... I am now looking for an alternative set of packages to replace cups ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Determined to stop my MCE/Xbox 360 from skpping...
    ... Manager), expand IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers, select the IDE channel your hard ... TV alone on the 360 setup plays ok. ... -Xbox 360 connected to PC via wired connection through a D-ink 524 G ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • RE: URGENT: installation halt
    ... Usually this is caused by a service that is interferring with setup. ... Distributed Link Tracking Client ... Remote Procedure Call Locator ... Security Accounts Manager ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
  • Re: SCCM Fatal Error during install
    ... Configuration Manager Setup Cannot Continue Because of the following ... Setup cannot create the required database tables. ... Contact your SQL ... Everything is a fresh install i loaded 2k3 R2 then SQL 2005 then the ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.admin)
  • Win2K Pro Setup stops at "Registers Components"
    ... The setup did mentioned an error later, but nevertheless, ... You can open up the task manager ... averted the stall. ... >the reason I was trying to do a repair install. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.setup)