Re: Outlook 2003: import/export .IAF files

Nope, its an all or nothing via the Save My Settings wizard.

As far as I know, there isn't a way to use them. If I'm wrong, hopefully
another MVP will step in and correct me.

"Fustrated Microsoft User" <Bill.Gates@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Saving my Settings is one thing. Buth is it possible to save different
settings, and then reimport them selectively? I doubt it.

Anyway, it still leaves open the question of importing into Outlook 2003
existing e-mail accounts saved as .iaf files.

Using Import&Export Outlook function, only e-mai laccounts created in
Outlook Express and Eudora can be imported.

So I'm still looking for an intelligent way to efficiently manage multiple
e-mail accounts in Outlook 2003.

My fustration is building up......

--
Fustrated Bill

"neo [mvp outlook]" wrote:

With Office/Outlook 2003, you would use the Office 2003 Save My Settings
Wizard. The only thing this wizard doesn't do is backup your PST/PAB
files.
You would still have to move these over manually.

"Fustrated Microsoft User" <Bill.Gates@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi-

In Outlook 2000 as in Outlook Express it is very easy to manage
multiple
e-mail accounts by exporting and then importing .iaf files.

In Outlook 2003 it is not possible anymore. The only thing one gets is
stupid wizard to create new e-mail accounts, implying that when moving
from
one office or country to another with different ISP all e-mail accounts
must
be recreated!

If I miss an obvious solution, I'm listening with great interest.

If I didn't, the question is what were they thinking when changing this
function or do Microsoft think that no Outlook users are nomadic? If
so,
who's buying laptops??
--
Fustrated Bill

  • RE: Outlook2003: where is the email account info stored for the p
    ... I tried the wizard with all the ... Outlook items i could find, but still I see my IMAP accounts in Outlook. ... > I ran the save my settings wizard as per Sue's reccomendation ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.installation)
  • Re: Outlook 2003: import/export .IAF files
    ... Save My Settings Wizard. ... In Outlook 2000 as in Outlook Express it is very easy to manage ... e-mail accounts by exporting and then importing .iaf files. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.installation)
  • Re: Outlook 2003: import/export .IAF files
    ... The only thing this wizard doesn't do is backup your PST/PAB files. ... In Outlook 2000 as in Outlook Express it is very easy to manage multiple ... e-mail accounts by exporting and then importing .iaf files. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.installation)
  • Re: SAVE MY SETTING WIZARD ON OFFICE 2007
    ... There is no save my settings wizard for Office 2007. ... Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP] ... Outlook 2007 Performance Update: http://pschmid.net/blog/2007/04/13/105 ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • RE: combining e-mail archives
    ... you can use the third-party utility to merger PST files. ... you can use the "Save My Settings Wizard" to migrate the ... Outlook profile, including the email accounts and other settings. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.installation)