Re: ImportPRF

The issue may not be your PRF file but how you're deploying it. For a silent application, you need to use the ImportPRF registry key, as the white paper describes.

You also didn't show us whether you actually have any email accounts in your PRF.

Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

"John" <John@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:993072E3-6DBE-440D-A20D-E10BE007D7CA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am trying to deploy a custom PRF for Outlook 2003. The import works fine
but intitates the startup wizard as if I were a new user instead of modifying
the existing profile when I manually import the profile by double clicking on
it; or import it via a logon script.

I have read the Customizing a PRF whitepaper and lots of research but cannot
see what is wrong. Below is the first part of the prf file. Hopefully
someone could see what is wrong.

;Automatically generated PRF file from the Microsoft Office Customization
and Installation Wizard

; **************************************************************
; Section 1 - Profile Defaults
; **************************************************************

; **************************************************************
; Section 2 - Services in Profile
; **************************************************************

[Service List]
;ServiceX=Microsoft Outlook Client
ServiceEGS=Exchange Global Section
ServiceX=Microsoft Outlook Client

; Section 3 - List of internet accounts

Relevant Pages

  • Re: setup profiles on many computers
    ... > You can use the Custom Maintenance Wizard to generate and deploy a .prf file with the profile settings you want to use. ... > Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP ...
  • RE: PST not created in Outlook 2003 after importprf
    ... in the new current profile!! ... ANSI PST file. ... When I launch outlook 2003 with the -importprf option, ... This is my PRF file, (be carful overwrite profile setting is on! ...
  • Re: Create new profile through PRF file
    ... > administrator to be able to configure a profile and apply it. ... The system user may never start up Outlook to apply the ... What is the purpose of applying the prf through this ... >>> I created a simple .prf file by exporting the prf from the Custom ...
  • Re: Outlook Profile AutoConfig
    ... After the second person logs in, have you checked their registry for the ImportPRF, First-Run and FirstRun values that Outlook uses to determine whether it needs to create a new mail profile? ... Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 ... I applied the .prf file ijn the CIW that is why I am not ... >>> I can get the .prf file to setup the initial account for the person that ...
  • Re: Change mail servers by scripting it
    ... apply changes with a .prf file. ... Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP ... > it to "modify" the Outlook profile it creates a new profile (not tested on ... > "migrate user settings". ...