Re: ImportPRF

The issue may not be your PRF file but how you're deploying it. For a silent application, you need to use the ImportPRF registry key, as the white paper describes.

You also didn't show us whether you actually have any email accounts in your PRF.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

"John" <John@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:993072E3-6DBE-440D-A20D-E10BE007D7CA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am trying to deploy a custom PRF for Outlook 2003. The import works fine
but intitates the startup wizard as if I were a new user instead of modifying
the existing profile when I manually import the profile by double clicking on
it; or import it via a logon script.

I have read the Customizing a PRF whitepaper and lots of research but cannot
see what is wrong. Below is the first part of the prf file. Hopefully
someone could see what is wrong.

***************************************

;Automatically generated PRF file from the Microsoft Office Customization
and Installation Wizard

; **************************************************************
; Section 1 - Profile Defaults
; **************************************************************

[General]
Custom=1
BackupProfile=No
DefaultProfile=Yes
OverwriteProfile=Append
ModifyDefaultProfileIfPresent=TRUE

; **************************************************************
; Section 2 - Services in Profile
; **************************************************************

[Service List]
;ServiceX=Microsoft Outlook Client
ServiceEGS=Exchange Global Section
ServiceX=Microsoft Outlook Client

;***************************************************************
; Section 3 - List of internet accounts

  • Re: setup profiles on many computers
    ... > You can use the Custom Maintenance Wizard to generate and deploy a .prf file with the profile settings you want to use. ... > Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.installation)
  • RE: PST not created in Outlook 2003 after importprf
    ... in the new current profile!! ... ANSI PST file. ... When I launch outlook 2003 with the -importprf option, ... This is my PRF file, (be carful overwrite profile setting is on! ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)
  • Re: Create new profile through PRF file
    ... > administrator to be able to configure a profile and apply it. ... The system user may never start up Outlook to apply the ... What is the purpose of applying the prf through this ... >>> I created a simple .prf file by exporting the prf from the Custom ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms)
  • Re: Outlook Profile AutoConfig
    ... After the second person logs in, have you checked their registry for the ImportPRF, First-Run and FirstRun values that Outlook uses to determine whether it needs to create a new mail profile? ... Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 ... I applied the .prf file ijn the CIW that is why I am not ... >>> I can get the .prf file to setup the initial account for the person that ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.installation)
  • Re: Change mail servers by scripting it
    ... apply changes with a .prf file. ... Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP ... > it to "modify" the Outlook profile it creates a new profile (not tested on ... > "migrate user settings". ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.installation)