Re: receive one email address on notebook

Cottonwoodian <Cottonwoodian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have Outlook 2003 on my new notbook and Outlook 2002 on my
desktop.  The desktop is wired to a wireless router and the notebook
has a wireless connection to my homenetwork.

I have one isp for internet and mailbox.  The isp is set up with two
addresses on the one account   My notebook is set up to receive all
of my messages and the setup shows the send/recieve working.  But I
do not receive any emails on the note book even if I close Outlook on
the desktop.

Have you selected the option to leave a copy of messages on the server? By default, downloading messages with the desktop will delete the messages and there will be nothing for the laptop to see.

I tried setting up a second account on the notebook Outlook 2003 and
the Microsoft Knowledge Base stated I should use the "Deligate" tab
in the pop up - there is no deligate tab anywhere.

Not with a POP account. You need Exchange for delegation.

I cannot even
transfer email .pst because both programs were bundled and transfer
only works with retail programs.

The PST doesn't know what type of license Outlook uses. It's just a file. See this for informaiton on how to transfer the PST:
http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm
--
Brian Tillman

  • Re: wireless printing options?
    ... I'm guessing that your desktop has to be running in order to print from your notebook. ... My Verizon DSL connection uses a VersaLink wireless router which has four Ethernet jacks on the back, one of which is dedicated to the desktop computer. ...
    (comp.sys.laptops)
  • Re: Security Alert Question
    ... email servers were experiencing problems, ... >I reset my wireless router and seems to have fixed the problem. ... >> the ISP. ... If you have a good ISP, they should be able to resolve the ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage
    ... G624T wireless router which he was using on his old isp but ... we find that on a lot of different sites we get the "Internet Explorer ... reducing the MTU value from 1500, to something lower, ie. ... on ORANGE ISP. ...
    (uk.telecom.broadband)
  • Re: Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage
    ... G624T wireless router which he was using on his old isp but ... we find that on a lot of different sites we get the "Internet Explorer ... busy, he has a hosts list to filter sites, the DNS server could be down or ... If he could connect to sites via his old ISP and can't now, ...
    (uk.telecom.broadband)
  • Re: Adding a WI-FI connectivity to an existing wired LAN
    ... >I want to buy a notebook with a WI-FI connectivity built in. ... >DSL router port. ... Replace your DI-704 with a wireless router. ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)