As IMAP does not HAVE a "deleted Items" folder

Hello Brian and Seth,

I have experienced the same as Seth. Despite the fact that according the specs it could be possible to have purged emails from an IMAP account are being moved into the regular delete folder from Outlook, it worked for me as well.

I had set the IMAP with automaticly purge on switching folders. The deleted messages showed up in my deleted items folder in outlook. It worked also my girlfriends computer.

So let say it can not work, than the questions is could there be a way that depending on how or when you install the IMAP account that outlook somehow connects the inbox to the deleted files?
Could it matter what the settings are when you install the email account like default account.

I have searched forums to find something back on this subject, since I remember I had found an article that related to this matter in the past but cannot find it.

Just for your info when I installed My Imap account I had 2 existing POP3 accounts running. After installing my imap account I deleted the default account since it was useless for me.

I have not deleted any folder but the when I changed some views from the IMAP account the connection to my "deleted folder" was gone and I can not get it back again.

So my conclusion is outlook 2007 has a capability to do it, but it is more a hidden feature than a normal procedure.

Rik