Re: Backup Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2077

Copy the .PST and .PAB (optional) file(s) from you old computer to the new one. You should be able to open the .PST file via the File > Open > Outlook Data file option. (The file type contains your mail, contacts, calendar, ..etc)

Not knowing if you used a .PAB (Personal Address Book) type file under your old setup, you can add this legacy address book type to Outlook 2007 and use the .PAB file.

If you need some additional guidance, you can try looking thru http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.asp to see if it helps you move data between the two computers.

"Francis Cunningham, Jr." <FrancisCunninghamJr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:2217A051-2F53-42AA-A500-261E7255FED7@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,
I recently purchased a new computer with Windows7. In the processed I got
Office 2007. How do I get the Outlook 2000 Info (Contacts, Calendar Mail
etc.) into Office 2007 after I install on the W7 computer?
Frank

  • Re: No *.pab
    ... To back up all of your Outlook data, copy the .pst file when Outlook ... The Outlook Address Book (OAB) is not an actual address book. ... you can still create or add a Personal Address Book (PAB) to ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)
  • Re: Moving "Contacts" from one computer to another
    ... Contacts are stored in the PST file in a folder. ... format that's rarely if ever used in the newer versions of Outlook. ... > right so I changed the extension to a .pab. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.contacts)
  • Re: No *.pab
    ... You never rename an Outlook file or try to connect to it by replacing another PST file with it. ... contact-type folder is enabled, it can be added to the OAB container. ... you can still create or add a Personal Address Book (PAB) to ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)
  • Re: how do I import 2007 pst file into 2002?
    ... Then you had better convert your UNICODE PST file back to ANSI. ... Outlook hasnt used a pab since Outlook 97 ... no contacts are available and a prompt appears to add a> PAB ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.installation)
  • Re: Importing .pab address book
    ... Although I have been unable to add the Microsoft Exchange PAB option, ... PAB and Works Address book. ... How to Import Outlook Contacts into Outlook Express ... which allowed me to create the .pab file successfully. ...