RE: I can receive email but cannot send it.

From: jessica (jessica_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 02/17/05

Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 09:19:05 -0800

I can receive but cant send and I looked on the online help. My error message
is 553. And then i change for the outgoing server to require AUTHENTICATION
and so when i send an email, i dont get an error message this time but it
still doesn't send. I can send to my hotmail account but i cant send to other
emails. The SPA thing isnt it, i tried that. I have outlook2003 . When I
click "test account setting", everything says completed including "send test
email". what's the problem. I have smtp as outgoing. please help!!!!!!!!!!!!

"pegasus" wrote:

> Yesterday I tried to send emails and I got an error message. I could receive
> but not send. I tried all the usual things several times: turned off the
> computer, turned off my router and cable modem, checked all my connections,
> started fresh. The problem persists. Is this a problem with Outlook?

Relevant Pages

  • can receive but not send emails (help!!!!)
    ... I can receive but cant send and I looked on the online help. ... And then i change for the outgoing server to require AUTHENTICATION ... and so when i send an email, i dont get an error message this time but it ... click "test account setting", everything says completed including "send test ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.general)
  • can receive but cant send (can send to hotmail but mostly no other
    ... I can receive but cant send and I looked on the online help. ... And then i change for the outgoing server to require AUTHENTICATION ... and so when i send an email, i dont get an error message this time but it ... click "test account setting", everything says completed including "send test ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)
  • Re: Problem sending email
    ... What type of email account are you trying to access? ... If you get an error message, right-click on it, select Copy, then paste it into a reply. ... > Can receive emails via Windows email/Outlook but cant send them,> problems ... > with the outgoing server, changed the ports to all advised still> nothing. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Cant send or receive Windows Email
    ... Note that the outgoing server now requires port 587 rather than port 25. ... right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here. ... Tech Support wanted to sell me a Dell printer. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Problems with private items in common Calendar
    ... Its both meetings and appointments, it is no difference of that. ... error message, I just cant delete that item. ... >> I have tried everything but I still cant delete it. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.general)