Outlook 2002 Autocomplete broken - .nk2 file missing, not recreated

From: puzzled (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 04/28/04

Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 09:50:50 -0700

Hi - Dell Inspiron 4150/XP Pro/Office XP Pro. Autocomplete
quit working in Outlook; multiple posts suggest renaming
"profilename.nk2" to ".bak", allowing Outlook to recreate
file upon next open. However, no .nk2 (or .nick) files
exist on the computer (yes, I did search for hidden files),
and toggling the checkboxes to turn the autocomplete
feature on/off seem to have no effect - feature does not
work and file is not recreated...

  -Suggestions?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: OL "autocomplete" feature
    ... Versions of Outlook earlier than Outlook 2002 have no autocompletion ... They have a feature called auto-resolution. ... > know OL 2000 does not have an autocomplete feature, but in OL if I type ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.contacts)
  • Re: How can I auto complete "Best regards" like I did in Outlook 2003?
    ... diverse locations for the new 'Building Blocks' feature Microsoft turned off the 'Autocomplete suggestions' popup feature that you ... Autocomplete for the current date still works. ... In 2007 Outlook uses a 'clone' of Word rather than Word itself as email editor, so not all of the Word features and entries move to ... Outlooks default template for storing Document Building Blocks is NormalEmail.dotm ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: aoutocomplete
    ... It's not an autocomplete but a cache of address you've typed before. ... autocomplete feature would be addresses resolving from within your Address ... > I hate to contradict you, but Outlook definitely DOES have an autocomplete ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.general)
  • Re: Outlook 2000 e-mail addresses
    ... Confirm that you are using Outlook 2000. ... Since it had no autocomplete ... feature, that behavior rarely if ever occurred. ... > incorrect but are not in my address book or contacts. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.general)
  • Re: Outlook 2002 Autocomplete broken - .nk2 file missing, not recreated
    ... > "profilename.nk2" to ".bak", allowing Outlook to recreate ... > exist on the computer (yes, I did search for hidden files), ... > and toggling the checkboxes to turn the autocomplete ... > feature on/off seem to have no effect - feature does not ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.contacts)