Re: can you turn off the smoothing when you zoom into bitmap image

Ah such a pain.

Thanks a million for your help though :-)

"TAJ Simmons" wrote:

You cannot turn off this smoothing / anti alias thing powerpoint does with
images

There is however, one workaround

see
MUSHY/BLURRY GRAPHICS in PowerPoint
http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00065.htm

cheers
TAJ Simmons
Microsoft Powerpoint MVP

http://www.awesomebackgrounds.com
awesome - powerpoint templates,
powerpoint backgrounds, free samples, ppt tutorials...

"tyronki" <tyronki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I have small bitmaps to add to a presentation. I wish to add a few bitmaps,
draw some lines and arrows etc and then save the whole image as a new
bitmap.

My problem is that powerpoint smooths out the pixels in the bitmaps I add.
Is there any way to stop this?

  • RE: Maddening Screen Flicker--No Video involved
    ... Restarting PowerPoint ALWAYS helps for some reason. ... PPT shapes) but more ofthen than not, it is imported images that cause the ... >> window and dragging the window, or by minimzing the window, but it ... >> behaved in the same problematic fashion on his brand new IBM laptop. ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)
  • Re: Viewing presentation images on a PC - missing images, compatibility checker
    ... > I actually use only Safari and Powerpoint 2004. ... I copy images from Safari ... > Best regards, Klaus ... The images in question are TIF images. ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.powerpoint)
  • Re: Reducing file sizes
    ... Users helping fellow users. ... Microsoft MVP PowerPoint and OneNote ... I did save the images to disk and insert as Picture from file - this ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)
  • Re: Reducing file sizes
    ... Author of Kathy Jacobs on PowerPoint - Available now from Holy Macro! ... You aren't by chance saving your files in PPT95 format are you? ... I did save the images to disk and insert as Picture from file - this ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)
  • Re: Compression tools for PowerPoint files?
    ... Native PowerPoint does not compress or optimize PNG image ... JPG compression is as good as ZIP compression, that is why you do not ... If you have a presentation made up of 15 JPG images. ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)