Re: Adjusting DPI in PDF saved from PowerPoint

Will the pieces be printed at the same size as the slide setup?
Typically, that'd be 10 x 7.5 inches.

If you're printing it smaller, that'd effectively increase the DPI.

What's in the file? The only thing that the DPI value would apply to is images
and special effects like transparency, shadows, glows and such.

You might also ask them what linescreen they'll printing your work at.
There's a simple formula you can generally use to work out whether they're
pulling truth out of their heads or monkeys out of the other end.

LineScreen * 1.4 = DPI required

So unless they're printing at say 215 lpi (linescreen), I'd say it's flying
monkeys. <g>

For a 133 linescreen (more common), you only need 185 dpi or so.

In article <B9491504-8819-42D8-AB5F-A8267C05AE5E@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Robert McN
wrote:
It is PowerPoint 2007 v. 12.0.6017.5000

I'm simply using the "Save as PDF" that is contained as an option in
PowerPoint.

Thanks
Bob

"Troy @ TLC" wrote:

1. What version of PowerPoint
2. How are you creating the PDF (using Office 2007 save as PDF, using
acrobat distiller, etc.).

--
- Troy Chollar
- TLC Creative Services, Inc.

"Robert McN" <RobertMcN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I am sending out a flyer to a professional online printer. The document
was
created in PowerPoint and then saved as a PDF. The online printer told me
that the file was 261 DPI and that I should save it as 300 DPI. How can I
do
this, if at all?

Thanks very much,
Bob

Steve Rindsberg, PPT MVP
PPT FAQ: www.pptfaq.com
PPTools: www.pptools.com

  • Problem printing at lower dpi
    ... My virtual printer driver (to png image) has problems printing at lower ... When printing powerpoint slides in color at 100 or 200 dpi, ... *Feature: Orientation ...
  • Epson RX560 All-in-One from 4D
    ... resolution of 1440 x 5760 dpi produce detailed and even borderless pictures ... Gutenprint printing is slower than printing with an ordinary PDF but has ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.announce)
  • Re: Is 300dpi good enough for playfield artwork?
    ... Being a graduate student of the Art Institute of Dallas. ... case, for most large format printing ... Printing is done at 150 dpi or lower. ... Dallas/Fort Worth Pinball E-mail List ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • Re: Resolution of EMF images
    ... Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com ... PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx ... I am trying to figure out an issue I have with the resolution of EMF images ... ~4000 DPI. ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)
  • Comparing different models
    ... Recto-verso printing will be rarely used, since the photocopier's recto-verso can be used instead. ... BTW, last time I carefully dived into devices specs, world was divided between ink jet printers with a printing resolution roughly equal to 300 dpi, and laser printers with a printing resolution going from 600 to 1200 dpi for the most expansive models. ...
    (comp.periphs.printers)