Re: Losing tab settings in saved compatibility mode

In article <3B3CBD55-3A86-4100-8905-C5BCF1DE4833@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jaberwocky
wrote:
This week I have been adapting to Office 2007. I am having a problem with my
tab settings in PowerPoint. Due to my customer's computer situation, I have
to save in "Compatibility Mode". (He has been unable to successfully install
the "fix".) The problem is that tab settings are not being saved.

Do you mean that NO tab settings are being saved, or that per-paragraph tab
settings are going walkabout?

The latter wouldn't surprise me; 2007 introduced per-paragraph tabs. Before
that, you could have one set of tabs per text box; this set of tabs applied to
all the text in the box.

I just ran a couple quick tests; what seems to be happening is that when PPT
2007 saves in the older format, all of the text in a text box reverts to the tab
settings of the first paragraph in the text box.

Verify that this is what's happening at your end too, but if nothing else, it
gievs you a way to predict what'll happen.

Steve Rindsberg, PPT MVP
PPT FAQ: www.pptfaq.com
PPTools: www.pptools.com

  • Re: How to import plain text into workable tables?
    ... local database) that I wish to import into either Access or Excel as functional databases. ... I would define a special paragraph style that would include the tab settings for this operation, but would not save it in the global Word template, as you'll likely never need this style again, so leave "Add to Template" unchecked, but check "Automatically Update" (so that changes you make to tab settings will apply to all the paragraphs). ...
  • Re: Decatenate a field with Make Table Query?
    ... > purpose) paragraph style that would include the tab settings for this ... > tab settings will apply to all the paragraphs). ... > Then, in each line, you can insert the tab characters in the appropriate ...
    (microsoft.public.access.queries)
  • Re: align column of numbers
    ... you do it with tab settings and styles. ... Study the settings for the style TOC 1 through TOC 9: they are set up to do ... John McGhie, Microsoft MVP (Word, Mac Word); ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)
  • RE: Multiple Users on one OS-XP SP2
    ... RC|Properties| you only get three tab settings: ... tab or setting that is tunable. ... Private is greyed out and says "Make this folder private". ... but that my WIFE and Daughter NEED ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Numbered List Spacing Problems
    ... I think you might be talking about "Indenting" not "spacing", ... The Word 97 spacing was a bug, known as the "Jason Tab". ... The tab settings on the paragraph and the tab settings on the list template ... You need to keep your mind on the job and get all of the tab and indent ...
    (microsoft.public.word.numbering)