Re: size limits in powerpoint

I'm glad that works for you. Thanks for letting us know.

Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/powerpointannoy/

"soulgreen" <soulgreen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
One file i was using was an avi and the other was an mpeg.

Thanks Echo S but I actually found by inserting it this way I didn't have
any problems at all.

Go to:
View
Toolbars
Select Control Toolbox

On the Control Toolbox go to the more controls button
Scroll down and select Windows Media Player
Drag and drop it on your slide

Then right click on the Windows Media Player and choose Properties
Under URL type the full path to your movie file including the file name

If it plays at a speed to fast or slow while still in Properties click to
the right of (Custom) -should be the top option
Under advanced you can change the Rate. 1 is normal speed .5000 (yes
there
is a period in front of the 5) is half speed

I found the above solution on
http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00712.htm

Soulgreen

"Echo S" wrote:

The non-play issue might not be the size, but the video itself. What file
format is it?

Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/powerpointannoy/

"soulgreen" <soulgreen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

Is there a size limit on inserted video clip files. I'm supposed to
use a
video clip inside a presentation but the video clip is 130 megabytes
and
doesn't launch even in a blank presentation.

I'm trying to find a workaround such as linking to the video clip.
However
my boss doesn't want to click on the link. He wants it to just start
playing
when the slide launches. I've been searching for an auto launch macro
or
script but I'm not very good with VB or macros.

Can someone help me out?

Thanks

  • Re: Resize a linked spreadsheet from Excel in PowerPoint, font isb
    ... Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com ... Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/powerpointannoy/ ... I tried the resizing option that Echo S suggested, but I don't seem to be ... resize -- instead, right-click, choose Format Object, and resize using ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)
  • Re: How do I make margins and tabs remain stable in Word doc?
    ... Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com ... Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd ... "Southern gal living up north" ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)
  • Re: Bug on Graphs
    ... Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com ... Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/powerpointannoy/ ... I click the graph icon in the second box (which opens the "insert ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)
  • Re: true type fonts displaying weirdly/incorrectly
    ... It is something that's an isolated issue with only some of our computers, ... Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com ... Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)
  • Re: cannot get sound from cd in a Dell Dimension 8100 computer
    ... Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com ... Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/powerpointannoy/ ... you have CD/DVD drives as drives D and E, PPT will use the one labeled D. ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)