Re: "could not load an object..." on loading PPT

On Sat, 2 Jun 2007 11:12:57 -0400, "Echo S"
<msnewsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Sounds to me as if PFC products might not be at fault, then.

You might want to disable/uninstall all add-ins and see if that alleviates
the problem. If so, you can reinstall them one at a time as necessary. What
add-ins are loaded? http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00655.htm will help with that,
as many add-ins that affect PPT aren't obvious.

I would imagine a clean reinstall wouldn't hurt. It sounds as if you already
realize that a clean install won't necessarily clean out your registry,
though. :-)
Echo,
I used the VB program to find the addins. Here is the output:

Standard Add-ins
================
MASTTBAR
C:\Program Files\RnR\PPToolsV2\MASTTBAR.PPA
Microsoft Media Producer v1 Add In
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Producer 2\Shared\prod2.ppa
PFCMedia
C:\Program Files\PFCMedia\PFCMedia.ppa

COM Add-ins
==============