PowerPoint 2003 crashes on Insert Sound from File

Crashes everytime, regardless of format of the audio file. It does this on
new presentations, existing presentations, presentations with sound already,
without sound yet.
I have been fighting this for two days and used a variety of schemes to get
around this problem but nothing I've tried works.

Please don't tell me to reinstall. My disks are at home. I am traveling for
two weeks and am over 500 miles away.

XP SP2
Media Player 11
PowerPoint 2003

Rikk

  • Happy Birthday to the music "CD" The CD, at 30, Is feeling its age)
    ... Mike Neilson/flickr.com This shot of a stack of CDs on photographer ... Today marks the 30th anniversary of a musical format many of us grew ... sales, but their popularity has faded in the digital age they helped ... the former head of the recorded sound division at the ...
    (rec.music.gdead)
  • Re: Harry Lavo Reverses Himself Re: CD Format Transient Response
    ... accurate or sound inferior to LPs, is their transient response. ... Looks like Harry has major problems with being consistent with himself, ... conversion to CD format and back using inexpensive off-the-shelf converters. ...
    (rec.audio.opinion)
  • Re: To John
    ... superiority of the format. ... a bunch of people listen to a recording ... it didn't sound as good. ... It turns out, unknown to the listeners, that Philip ...
    (rec.audio.opinion)
  • Re: ITV 4 sound quality
    ... Regardless of the format I was commenting on the sound post. ... talking about film to a tape format sometime in the past, ... The sound quality seemed good on the sep mag machines I worked on. ...
    (uk.tech.digital-tv)
  • Re: The AES Repudiates SACD, DVD-A, and the high resolution audio myth
    ... High-Resolution ... impracticalities of replacing cd as a two-channel format. ... LP-quality sound. ... mastering of the day was often tilted to please LP-centric ears. ...
    (rec.audio.opinion)