Re: Powerpoint 2007, RSS feeds?

In article <5C5BB1C8-FC18-4A88-A7E4-C8C6AFA53B55@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Irishtechguy
wrote:
I was just wondering would it be possible to add a script to Microsoft
Powerpoint 2007 to allow it to read and update RSS feeds during a slide
presentation?

I have a PP presentation at the front of my company reception with the
latest news results etc. I just thought it would be great if this could be
added to the file! I think there would be great demand for such a powerpoint
add in!!!

Shyam's Live Web add-in lets you put pretty much anything you can show in a
browser on a ppt slide. Visit http://skp.mvps.org

Some browsers can display rss feeds (not sure what url to feed 'em to make it
work. Perhaps just a normal html link to the rss feed xml file?

Steve Rindsberg, PPT MVP
PPT FAQ: www.pptfaq.com
PPTools: www.pptools.com

  • Re: is outlook 2003->2007 worth it?
    ... The RSS feeds into OUTLOOK are great. ... POWERPOINT are wonderful. ... MVP - Mobile Devices ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)
  • Re: Powerpoint 2007, RSS feeds?
    ... Powerpoint 2007 to allow it to read and update RSS feeds during a slide ... Some browsers can display rss feeds (not sure what url to feed 'em to make it ... Steve Rindsberg, PPT MVP ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)
  • Re: Slowness but more subtle in PPT 2007 and 2010 Beta!
    ... Do you have some sort of fade slide transition? ... Microsoft PPT MVP ... PowerPoint 2007 very slow- SOLVED ... I did save this one to PPTX and did a "compress photos" to ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)
  • Re: Powerpoint 2007 very slow
    ... What's the best resolution for images in PowerPoint screen shows? ... powerpoint backgrounds, free samples, ppt tutorials... ... forever to jump from slide to slide, and it is next to impossible to edit ... I did save this one to PPTX and did a "compress photos" to ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)
  • Re: Powerpoint 2007 very slow presentation
    ... forever to jump from slide to slide ... and the powerpoint file is about 6.7MB in size with about 61 ... I have kaspersky anti-virus running I did save this one to PPTX and did a "compress photos" to ... of my PPT files. ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)