Re: Is it possible to insert a nonbreaking HYPHEN in Powerpoint?

In article <1AF3E65B-B5D5-4559-B919-479A7FFFBAE2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Malcolm wrote:
Alt+0160 is just the answer I was looking for. How frustrating that this
"secret code" does not appear to be mentioned anywhere in PowerPoint help!

Now the follow up: I need the code for a nonbreaking HYPHEN as well. This is
because my non-breaking space is going between a quotation and a hyphen, and
again between the hyphen and the name of the person being quoted, thus:

"I thought the soda was too fizzy." - John, 25 year old male

I have to prevent the line from breaking between the end of the quote and
the beginning of the attribution. So not only do I need two non-breaking
spaces, I need a non-breaking hyphen, too! Who can give me the secret code
for that?

Alt+0173

And you can do Insert, Symbol in PPT or in Windows do Start, All Programs,
Accessories, System Tools, Character Map.

Either one gets you variations on a little applet that shows you all the
available characters in your chosen font and how to get them from the keyboard.

The one you're after is called a Soft Hyphen.

Re your later post, I don't think there's such a thing as a non-breaking Em or
En dash.

Thanks, Malcolm

Covert,
Press Alt+0160 to insert a non-breaking space. (numeric keypad)
Does this help?
Luc

Steve Rindsberg, PPT MVP
PPT FAQ: www.pptfaq.com