Re: Locking images' position in powerpoint

Is there a way to lock the position of a graphic, image in PowerPoint?
Using XP and PowerPoint 2003.

Not exactly, but you can put the graphic on the slide master instead of the
slide; it'll appear on every slide based on that master but won't be
selectable/moveable from the slide itself.

PPT 2002 and up support multiple masters, so you can have different masters
with different "locked" graphics if you like. If every slide has different
graphics, this could get quite clumsy though.

Another trick is to combine all the graphics you want to lock into one bitmap
(ie, PNG) image and set that as the slide's background (Format, Background)

Steve Rindsberg, PPT MVP
PPT FAQ: www.pptfaq.com
PPTools: www.pptools.com

  • Re: Beginner questions
    ... And little of what I know of PPT is of any use in Word. ... > puzzled about what happens to existing slides when I change the Master. ... If you created a slide based on say PPT's Text ... because you didn't yet know about formatting via the master. ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)
  • Re: Beginner questions
    ... At the bottom of the Distribute popup, there's a "Relative to slide" checkbox. ... > changing the master. ... > formatting, except in Word it can be copied from one paragraph to another. ... >> And little of what I know of PPT is of any use in Word. ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)
  • Re: Can you not do a round robin and save the presentation out as an html.
    ... master slide that I cannot edit in any way. ... "Hide Background Graphics" but that is it. ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)
  • Re: PPT 2007 -> PPT 2003 Backward Compatibility: SLide Master
    ... What's new in PPT 2007? ... Delete the additional slide master that appears. ... I think this is because a title master is really a title slide layout in 2007, but it's a master in 2003. ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)
  • Re: PPT 2007 -> PPT 2003 Backward Compatibility: SLide Master
    ... Create all the desired layouts/formats in PPT 2007 and finalize it. ... Delete the additional slide master that appears. ... I think this is because a title master is really a title slide layout in 2007, but it's a master in 2003. ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)