Re: Can't insert Object files (excel) nor open a workbook object

Use Windows Explorer or My Computer to search your hard drive for a Norton AntiVirus file named OFFICEAV.DLL (be sure to include hidden and system files/folders in the search options). If you find it, note the folder where it is located, and use the "regsvr32 /u" method described in KB329820 to unregister the DLL.

Or since you have Symantec Corporate Edition, you might ask your company's computer support staff for assistance.

delphos1 wrote:

The computer is a desktop and it came with Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition. I tried to apply the instructions but it did not help...

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote:

If you're using Symantec/Norton AntiVirus, try disabling the Office Plugin that comes with it. See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329820 "How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in" for more information.

delphos1 wrote:

Hi all,

Trying to open and embedded Excel file won't work nor trying to insert another object. It seems that another installed sofware limited this capability.

This are the message obtained.

First:
Microsoft Office PowerPoint can't start the application required to open this object.
An error ocurred and this feature is no longer funtioning properly. Would you like to repair this feature now?

If you press "yes"

Second: A progress bar appear showing the following message:
Installing: Application server.

Third:

The server application, source file, or item can't be found, or returned an unknown error. You may need to reinstall the server application.

Would anyone knows if there is any register key that could have been altered that disables this functionality.?

Does anyone has experience this before, that could know how to solve it?

Regards

  • Re: Hacktool.Rootkit ??
    ... | Norton AntiVirus Corp Edition 7.60.962 ... | This server is connected to the internet behind a Linksys Wireless G ... Phil Weldon ... |> operating characteristics of Norton AntiVirus are best resolved with the ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Attachment questions
    ... >On my network I have a 'Server' which runs Norton Antivirus 2002 and Norton ... On top of this sits a proxy server which I ... then) ask the author of Mailwasher if he could add it as a feature - ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: error 0x800ccc19
    ... >> In some cases it is necessary to re-enter the server names, ... >> Tim K.>> aka Kuay Tim ... > This problem may occur when the following conditions are true:> You have Norton AntiVirus 2003 or Norton AntiVirus 2002 installed. ... > To prevent this problem when you use Norton AntiVirus and Outlook or> Outlook Express, turn off e-mail scanning in Norton AntiVirus:> Quit Outlook or Outlook Express. ...
  • Re: Cant access shared folders on network
    ... That error can be caused by Norton Antivirus. ... > permission to use this network resource. ... > access permissions. ... > Not enough server storage is available to process this ...
  • Re: Problem with Equation Editor
    ... Well, don't disable Norton Antivirus altogether, because you shouldn't be working without some kind of antivirus protection nowadays. ... Have you created equations using Equation Editor on this particular computer before? ... then try running Detect and Repair by starting Word and clicking on Help | Detect and Repair. ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)