Re: Need a macro or something for naming and X & Y co-ordinates fo

In article <1118424953.212237.114860@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Tyron wrote:
> I need the macro to do the following
> 1. when a shape is selected it shows current name and x&y co-ordinates

For XY coords you don't really need a macro. Doubleclick the shape and use the
Size and Position tabs. Note that if you want to use Points rather than the
default units, you can type e.g. 72pt

> 2. Give option to change the above to new name and new value

Edit the name of a shape
http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00584.htm

> Cheers
>
> Thanks for all your help
>
> David M. Marcovitz wrote:
> > I just realized that you wantd to SET the X and Y coordinates. In that case
> > look at the Moving Example (#5) at my site under "More Tricks."
> > --David
> >
> > David Marcovitz
> > Microsoft PowerPoint MVP
> > Author o f _Powerful PowerPoint for Educators_
> > http://www.loyola.edu/education/PowerfulPowerPoint/
> >
> > "David M. Marcovitz" wrote:
> >
> > > For naming shapes, check out example 8.7 at my site:
> > >
> > > http://www.loyola.edu/education/PowerfulPowerPoint/
> > >
> > > Click on "Examples by Chapter" and "Chapter 8" to find it. For the X and Y
> > > coordinates, you can add something like this:
> > >
> > > MsgBox "The X Coordinate is " & ActiveWindow.Selection.ShapeRange.Left
> > > MsgBox "The Y Coordinate is " & ActiveWindow.Selection.ShapeRange.Top
> > >
> > > Of course, this is all designed to work in Normal view, so it would be
> > > different if you want it to work in Slide Show View.
> > >
> > > --David
> > >
> > > David Marcovitz
> > > Microsoft PowerPoint MVP
> > > Author o f _Powerful PowerPoint for Educators_
> > > http://www.loyola.edu/education/PowerfulPowerPoint/

Steve Rindsberg, PPT MVP
PPT FAQ: www.pptfaq.com
PPTools: www.pptools.com

  • Re: PLEASE - This is URGENT
    ... David Marcovitz ... Microsoft PowerPoint MVP ... Steve Rindsberg, PPT MVP ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)
  • Re: Power Point
    ... However, that is only a general rule, so there are plenty of good ... >> Microsoft PowerPoint MVP ... >>> slides to make a professional presentation? ... Steve Rindsberg, PPT MVP ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)
  • Re: PowerPoint 2002
    ... "David Marcovitz" wrote: ... Microsoft PowerPoint MVP ... Susan wrote: ... How can I adjust the timing each slide lasts before going to the next? ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)
  • Re: Copying text from an editable text box to a table cell
    ... Microsoft PowerPoint MVP ... separate tables on slide 3 of the same presentation. ... "David Marcovitz" wrote: ... Sub DuplicateTable() ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)
  • Re: PowerPoint 2002
    ... "David Marcovitz" wrote: ... Microsoft PowerPoint MVP ... Author of _Powerful PowerPoint for Educators_ ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)