How do I increase the size of slides in 2 slides per page handout?

From: muitnep (muitnep_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 12/23/04

Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 03:55:03 -0800

I received a PowerPoint presentation which when printed in 2 slides per page
handout format displays slides of larger size than normal printouts of
similar format. I tried replicating this in my other presentaions by changing
the page setup to Letter Size (as was the size in the other presentation) but
the prinout size in the said format didn't change much. Choosing the "Scale
to Fit Paper" gives only a marginal improvement in the printout size. On the
contrary, choosing the same option in the said presentation reduces the size
of the slides in the handout prints. The only other difference I have noticed
in this presentation is that the ruler in the "Handout Master" view shows a
larger page size (approx 13"x8"). If there was a way to increase the page
size of the Handout Master, maybe the results could be replicated. I have
searched the PowerPoint help as well as the internet but haven't found any
hints on this topic. At the moment I am using a shortcut to replicate the
result by using the said presentation as a template and copying my slides
into it. But I want to know how this effect is created in the first place.

I'll be glad to send the above mentioned presentation to anyone interested
in seeing it.

Looking forward to your replies.

muitnep

Relevant Pages

  • Re: PowerPoint to Word in 2-slides-per-page Format
    ... lets you just print handouts in the format you want also work? ... check out Shyam's handout wizard. ... In the dialog box select Blank lines below slides and click OK. ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)
  • Re: Add Notes text to handout master
    ... Actually, I would probably save the ppt as .jpg, ... what I want to do is printing 2 ppt slides on one physical page, ... I can do what I want by just modifiying the notes format in ppt, ... be easier to use the handout master. ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)
  • Re: Add Notes text to handout master
    ... I can do what I want by just modifiying the notes format in ppt, ... be easier to use the handout master. ... format to display 3 slides with some lines in the right side of the ppt page. ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)
  • Re: How do I increase the size of slides in 2 slides per page handout?
    ... PPT doesn't allow you to change the size of the slide images on its handout ... between printing handouts with 2 slides per page vs, say, 3 slides per page? ... The handout page size is tied to the slide size. ... So I don't really know how the person would have provided you with a PPT ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)
  • Re: PowerPoint -- Send to "Microsoft Word
    ... Shyams's Handout Wizard ... images or OLE objects in Word without using VBA. ... A proud member of the Microsoft PPT MVP Team ... I highlighted column 1 (with the slides) and tried to find ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)