Disable keyboard navigation

From: Juan Cruz (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 06/25/04

Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 11:48:58 -0700

I'm preparing an organization chart for my company that
hyperlinks to a person's profile+photo. The org chart is
on slide 1 and I want people to navigate with the mouse
only, if they hit "enter" or the arrow keys, I want
PowerPoint to stay in slide 1. I thought of adding a
hidden slide 2 that redirects to slide 1, something like
adding a line in the code: onLoad="GoToSld(000xx.htm)" or
disabling the "enter" key with: Application.OnKey "~",""
but none of these seem to work (I don't know much about
Visual Basic, I'm just guessing here).

How can I disable the "enter" key and the arrows so that
the person can only navigate by clicking the hyperlinks?

(I know I can prepare the org chart in HTML, but then, I
want to use PowerPoint animations in the slides!!!)

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Disable keyboard navigation
    ... Go to Slide Show--> Set up Show and set your presentation to "Kiosk". ... the only way to navigate through a presentation is via clicks on ... Author of Kathy Jacobs on PowerPoint - Available now from Holy Macro! ... > (I know I can prepare the org chart in HTML, but then, I ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)
  • I do not want slides to advance manually or automatically
    ... I have hyperlinks in my slide show and I want to navigate by that method ... alone. ... I want to navigate only by the hyperlinks. ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)
  • Re: Disable the "next slide" feature in slide show mode?
    ... Now when you start the slide show, ... You navigate using hyperlinks only. ... Esc key will take you out of the slide show. ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)
  • Re: HELP!-Prob wth Hyperlinks Using PPT 03 to Open a PPT 07 Pres
    ... Thanks for the reply, Echo, but that does not work. ... I had already done a 'save as' and saved as a .PPT presentation. ... INCORRECT slide that it was pointed to before I deleted it. ... PPTX) and recreate the hyperlinks. ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)
  • Re: Hyperlinks just stopped working
    ... menu> About This Mac)? ... PowerPoint 2004 is listed as 11.2.4. ... sometimes by going Slide Show> Action ... For a while, my hyperlinks worked perfectly, but since updating Office to ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.powerpoint)