Re: Office 2003 Critical Updates won't Install

.... run "repair" BUT from your original office software disk.

-----Original Message-----
From: Marv B [mailto:MarvB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Posted At: Tuesday, October 10, 2006 12:10 AM
Posted To: microsoft.public.officeupdate
Conversation: Office 2003 Critical Updates won't Install
Subject: Office 2003 Critical Updates won't Install

Help!

I have 7 critical updates for various Office 2003 products that will not
install, either manually or via Automation Update.

There is no error code given, just the message "Updates were unable to be
sucessfully installed - The following updates were not installed:"
followed
by a listing of the specific updates.

This occurs whether via auto update, by my initiating the updates, by
attempting to update upon shut down of Windows XP, or by downloading the
full
version from the Microsoft download site.

I thought that Knowledge Base article 875556 might be the answer, but none
of the suggested solutions there worked either.

I tried to use the Local Installation Source (LIS) tool, but it won't
operate is it thinks that updates are being installed. I think it sees
the
updates and wants those done first.

I know of no way to delete the pending updates so I can run the LIS.

My environment is Windows XP SP-2 with all updates (which automatically
installs just fine), and Office 2003 Student and Teacher edition with
latest
SP installed.

In reference to article 875556, there is not a C:\MSOCache folder on my
hard
drive.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!
--
Marv B

  • Re: 800703E7 error message
    ... I get this message when trying to install service pack 2. ... > Check for hardware driver updates? ... > Patches and Updates! ... > drivers for your hardware/operating system. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: i cant update windows!
    ... > download, but at the very end of the process it says that the ... I havent been able to get any updates ... First - cleanup your machine and ready it for Service Pack 2. ... Then install Service Pack 2 from the downloaded install file (not the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Do i need SP2?
    ... > I am running XP pro with all updates EXCEPT SP2. ... many patches will begin requiring SP2 to install.. ... and some you can only download if you are registered - but it is best ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: FYI for eTrust AV 7.x Users
    ... When I just had my little incident with the redistribution settings on the SBS, my clients were logging successful checks for updates, and the logs indicated that no updates were found. ... That turned out to be because I had not gone back and checked the redistribution server box for 8.x after reinstalling the redistribution server. ... installed the new remote install utility which works the same as v7 did - just edited the .ICF file the way I wanted it and ran the client upgrades from the server. ... I can't remember if it's a separate install, or if you have to click a box when you do the Agent install, but redistribution server is not installed by default. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Since January 18th, no high-priority updates...
    ... Since I do not intend to install NIS 2006 again, I thought it does not matter ... I checked about what you say (time of the Automatic Updates) and changed it ... I uninstalled NIS 2006... ... 2 February 2006 Windows Update Agent Unable to Connect: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)