Re: XP Security Update- Office 2003 Quit Responding
- From: "Jeff Rogerson - Osprey Links Golf" <jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 01:28:24 -0400
Yes, I am having exactly the same problem. Thanks for the tip to do a
System Restore, I did the same thing, and it appears I can now reopen these
files.... a bit scary. Will be interesting to see how widespread this issue
I did report the issue, it directed me to the Office update site, I ran the
available updates and it made no difference to the problem.
"JDMoose" <JDMoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I just installed the Windows security updates. Now I cannot get into any of
the Office 2003 programs. They would open, but if I clicked on any of the
icons to open, save etc. the programs would quit responding. I even tried
inistalling and reinstalling Office. I finally ended up doing a System
Restore to yesterday's date, and everything seems to be working fine. It's
asking me to download and install the updates again, but I think I will
off. Is anyone else having this problem? I also ran a virus scan, and
were no viruses found.
- Prev by Date: Re: Is there a strong case for upgrading from Office 2000 to 2003?
- Next by Date: Where Can I Find Info?
- Previous by thread: Re: How to I find the Office 2000 Professional XP SR2 upgrade
- Next by thread: Re: XP Security Update- Office 2003 Quit Responding