Re: SKU001.CAB and ZF612702.CAB missing in office professional 2003

On Apr 9, 6:53 pm, Delta007bhd <Delta007...@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

I have a laptop from work that has office pro 2003 on it. It worked
fine until I installed windows activesync for my mobile device. Since
I was having problems with the activesync cd version, I uninstalled it
but then when opening MS outlook 2003 I got the error message:
"Installation error: file not found. A required installation file
SKU001.CAB could not be found..." after which I hit cancel. I thought
uninstall of activesync deleted this file so I went to the
windowsmobile site to download the latest activesync program and
installed it, hoping that this would solve the problem. It did. No
more missing file message. Today I wanted to open an excel file and I
got the missing file message again (same SKU001.CAB file). Since I do
not own office 2003 (the laptop and all junk that's on it is from my
work, remember) I had to download a pirated office pro 2003 copy from
the internet to be able to put the cd in after which the SKU001.CAB
file seemed to install but now I get a ZF612702.CAB missing file
message which doesn't install from the office cd! Can one of you
geniuses here help me out please?

Thanks

Found the solution somewhere else. Go to
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=57E27A97-2DB6-4654-9DB6-EC7D5B4DD867&displaylang=en
and download the 110MB file at the bottom of the page that's called
Office2003SP2-KB887616-FullFile-ENU.exe. Insert the office pro 2003 cd
into the drive, double-click the installer you just downloaded, click
run and then cancel the setup! Now I can open all office applications
without a missing file message.

I don't have a clue why it seems solved now and I don't know what
caused this problem but I guess MS wants to keep us all busy working
on problems.

  • SKU001.CAB and ZF612702.CAB missing in office professional 2003
    ... I have a laptop from work that has office pro 2003 on it. ... I was having problems with the activesync cd version, ... "Installation error: file not found. ... got the missing file message again. ...
    (microsoft.public.office.setup)
  • SKU011.CAB and ZF612702.CAB suddenly missing in MS Office Professional 2003!
    ... fine until I installed windows activesync for my mobile device. ... I was having problems with the activesync cd version, ... "Installation error: file not found. ... got the missing file message again. ...
    (microsoft.public.office.setup)
  • Re: ActiveSync 4.1 USB Issues
    ... all the installation files to my temp directory but then hanged. ... After executing setup ActiveSync 3.8 installed successfully. ... the install hangs with program remaining in Task Manager. ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync)
  • Re: Beware of AS 4.5: Only Synchronization Errors After Upgrading From AS 4.2 to 4.5
    ... If the problem persists, see the Microsoft ActiveSync ... Troubleshooter in Microsoft ActiveSync Help on your desktop computer." ... BTW when watching the installation I also noticed a "RNDIS Hotfix" being ... nable to establish a connection between the PC and the device. ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync)
  • Re: Cannot install programs to Axim X51v with ActiveSync 4.2
    ... When I first installed ActiveSync I was running Zone Alarm. ... When I click on the Add/Remove Programs ... Once the installation routine finishes running, ... but program installation routines never reach my Axim. ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync)