Re: Outlook 2003

Uninstall any Office 2003 components, then the Office 2007 components.
Reboot and install the Office 2003 suite. Find MAPI32.dll and rename it to
..old. Open Outlook and it should do a Detect and Repair.

If this does not work, report back the error you get. (You may need to
rename MSMAPI32.dll if it still exists as well.)

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

ALWAYS post your Outlook version.

After furious head scratching, PaulJB asked:

| Recently I installed Office 2007 and after realising most
| organisations still use Office 2003 (and all of it's constituent
| components)
|
| I tried to install Office 2003 before installing 2007 and now Outlook
| will not start.
|
| It tries to start (Frames etc. display but are not accessible) before
| going to the "Outlook has experienced a problem and needs to close"
| standard error message then when trying to restart Outlook in "Safe
| Mode" The error message (after it again tries to start reads "Unable
| to open the Outlook window. The set of folders could not be opened.
| The server is not available. Contact your administrator if the
| problem persists"
|
| The copy of Office is my own and is legal and I use it as a stand
| alone program not linked to a network.
|
| I suspect it is something to do with the MAPI file but do not know
| enough about it to fix it.
|
| Please, please can someone help?

  • Re: Outlook Express vanishes
    ... > loaded including all current patches for Outlook Express. ... Because of this tendency of attachments to infect, ... Cannot Open E-Mail Attachments in Outlook Express After You Install SP1 ... Turn off email scanning in your antivirus software. ...
  • Re: Is a solution to the Failed to connect to server/Answer for Sloan
    ... I'm afraid that I'm not knowledgeable about Outlook with BCM to be helpful. ... These are the repeated install errors I had when I tried to get ... > I have never used the LIS tool, but I believe that's not what you ...
    (microsoft.public.officeupdate)
  • Re: msimn.exe when i try to open outlook express
    ... > after doing that outlook express will not open. ... Because of this tendency of attachments to infect, Microsoft has now set OE to block all attachments. ... Cannot Open E-Mail Attachments in Outlook Express After You Install SP1 ... If you choose to adjust OE to allow attachments, make sure you save the attachment to disk first and then scan it with your antivirus software. ...
  • Re: Outlook Express problems after installing SP2
    ... But everytime, Outlook closes. ... Cannot Open E-Mail Attachments in Outlook Express After You Install SP1 ... Windows 2000 and Windows XP. ...
  • Re: Windows cannot find C: (doc) Make sure you typed the name cor
    ... Send to Bluetooth (only one that shows up when clicking manage COM add-ins. ... uninstall the printer driver, and then install the latest version of the ... attachment in Outlook is just a red herring as it doesn't open Word. ... and open with word gives me no error message but word opens without the ...