The setup controller has encountered a problem during install

I have Office Home & Student 2007 and Windows XP SP3 installed.
When open any Office program, I receive the message:

"The setup controller has encountered a problem during install. Please
review the log files for further information on the error."

I don't know where to find the log files.

I run the Office Diagnostics and "Setup and Repair", but the error remains.
Any suggestion?

DC

  • Re: CLView cant display help
    ... Office Repair – No problems identified. ... The setup controller has encountered a problem during install. ... review the log files for further information on the error. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • RE: setup runs every time I start an Office 2007 component
    ... Now everytime I try to open Access it tries to ... The setup controller has encountered a problem during install. ... the log files for further information on the error. ...
    (microsoft.public.office.setup)
  • Activation Setup Error
    ... Microsoft Word a popup says: 'The setup controller has encountered a problem ... I've looked at the log files and don't know what the problem is. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • RE: Activation Setup Error
    ... 'The setup controller has encountered a problem ... during install. ... Please review the log files for further information on the ... I've looked at the log files and don't know what the problem is. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)