Re: Will my files be deleted if I remove Microsoft Office?

Further iteration on your Word Documents. Milly is correct, depending on
WHERE you stored your documents.

1. If you stored any documents in folders that are within any part of the
Office installation path AND the uninstall feature removes the entire
installation branch. These files may be deleted.

2. Any template configurations (.dot files, macros, ...) will be removed.

3. Any third-party 'enhancements' to Office will become either unuseable or
uninstalled (depending on installation folder). Hopefully, third-party
support has created their own unique folder that remains un-touched by
Office uninstall. However,
some third-party developers continue to install under C:\Program
Files\Common Files\Microsoft\.....

Just my two bits based on passed experience.

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
<MillyS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
No, your data files are never touched during an uninstall of Office.
However, it never hurts to make backups, even if not uninstalling and
reinstalling.

--?
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Spork Mistress asked:

.