Re: Will my files be deleted if I remove Microsoft Office?

Further iteration on your Word Documents. Milly is correct, depending on
WHERE you stored your documents.

1. If you stored any documents in folders that are within any part of the
Office installation path AND the uninstall feature removes the entire
installation branch. These files may be deleted.

2. Any template configurations (.dot files, macros, ...) will be removed.

3. Any third-party 'enhancements' to Office will become either unuseable or
uninstalled (depending on installation folder). Hopefully, third-party
support has created their own unique folder that remains un-touched by
Office uninstall. However,
some third-party developers continue to install under C:\Program
Files\Common Files\Microsoft\.....

Just my two bits based on passed experience.

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
<MillyS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
No, your data files are never touched during an uninstall of Office.
However, it never hurts to make backups, even if not uninstalling and
reinstalling.

--?
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Spork Mistress asked:

| I was using Microsoft Office 2003 Basic Edition, but now wish to
| install the Sudent and Teacher Edition. To do so, I need to
| uninstall the original program, but I'm worried doing so could cause
| me to lose my existing word documents. Could anyone tell me if this
| is indeed the case, and if so, how I could prevent it?

  • Re: erasing a folder filled with locked files
    ... >> I hope that reinstalling MusicMatch will let you uninstall it. ... if you want to work with a folder name or any ... As you can see, as with most powerful commands, it ... >>> installation could not proceed because files in the old directory were ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • RE: uninstalling software
    ... So, just to be clear, you were unable to find "Offcln.exe" in this folder: ... it seems that you have pre-Office XP registry entries (i.e. ... I would remove your Office XP installation before attempting to use ... Office xp CD doesn't have an uninstall feature. ...
  • Re: Add or Remove Software
    ... in either the Ad-Aware folder or the Wise Installation Wizard folder. ... I forgot to mention that there is an uninstall option in the main Ad-Aware ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Add or Remove Software
    ... in either the Ad-Aware folder or the Wise Installation Wizard folder. ... I forgot to mention that there is an uninstall option in the main Ad-Aware ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • excel and word
    ... when i attempt to access my excel or word documents i receive the following ... try to find an installation package "MAINSP3ff.MSP" in a folder ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)